[1.6.4] Gregtech hardmode server

• Co

Completely agree. Thaumcraft is well done, balanced, and fits well as a reprieve from tech.

• Well, i suppose with hunger overhaul and such, it will estimulate people to gather together.
    Where we could possibly build a town and each player has a "plot" (of at least 64x64, expandable given need and possibility), everyone can build their machinery either alone or together and have public farms.

That would be awesome. I would love to manage a town.

Also agree. It would decrease chunk footprint. You could "buy" plots of land, and possibly have separate areas for mining and living. We could also set up spawn Mindcrack (Vanilla) server style.

• Built by the players, legitely. That would be awesome.

What you could do is have a set amount of land allowed per player and then players could trade that land, and after you reach a certain point you could grab land as much as you wanted (like early American expansion) and sell it cheap (land speculation). Then something like HO would be nice, discouraging early exploration until you are set up and then providing extra incentive to go explore. Less abandoned messes and unused chunks wasted that way.

• I like Thaumcraft, but I'd be more open to it on this sort of server only if you could slow progression (perhaps by reducing aura node frequency, vis distillation, and reducing research point intake (maybe some sort of .5 or .25 modifier on all those things).

• Having Custom Ore gen as a dependancy for PFAA also lets us control Ore distrib more.

TC 3 is really nice, and fairly balanced.

Is there any reason we can't add COHC core, even if we're not gonna add TE? Flat Bedrock alone makes it almost worth it.

• I put this pack together. Looks nice, has a good feel, but needs some tweaks to really work. Iguana tweaks, which adds some nice features needs to have some of the hardcore stuff turned off (Greg has similar features that are more compatable like HarderStone). Overall though, this was really interesting and has most of the suggestions in this forum. Basically, the ideas listed here are actually all pretty good together, lets just hope it works in 1.7.

• I put this pack together. Looks nice, has a good feel, but needs some tweaks to really work. Iguana tweaks, which adds some nice features needs to have some of the hardcore stuff turned off (Greg has similar features that are more compatable like HarderStone). Overall though, this was really interesting and has most of the suggestions in this forum. Basically, the ideas listed here are actually all pretty good together, lets just hope it works in 1.7.

About 50% of the Mods are completly useless or redundant and make the Game too easy.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• About 50% of the Mods are completly useless or redundant and make the Game too easy.

Yeah, like Unidye! What is this peasantry? :D No, but to be honest, most of these mods are more or less unknown to me.
    My stance against HO/HVC stands by the way.

• And Gregtech... IC2... no, but seriously this was just to see if the previous suggestions worked out well, and pretty much all of them did.
    Edit: If HC worked with IC2 crops it would fit so much better. I personally also would remove it along with Frogcraft, Reliquary (although honestly it is balanced well despite popular opinion), Magic bees and DimDoors (I forgot that was in there) but the rest of the suggestions actually seem quite nice together.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Queue ().

• JABBA = Just A Better Barrel A... uhhm something with A

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• JABBA = Just A Better Barrel A... uhhm something with A

Just another Barrel attempt, by ProfMobius: http://profmobius.blogspot.fr/
    EDIT: It is very well balanced, BUT you would need to remove the diamond dolly (it has 6 uses and can move spawners with Slowness IV). Everything else though is reasonable and works much better than the cheapo silly FZ barrels.