Wiki To Do List

• If there is anything that you want on the wiki, now would be a good time to say it. I will be updating the wiki and ensure that it is kept up to date

At the moment, the To Do List is as follows

1. Update the changelog of the regular IC2
    2. Include a changelog of the Experimental Branch (Will try to use RSS but unlikely)
    3. Update the pages to include the changes that have been introduced since their last update, including photos of their new textures and new GUI's
    4. Create new pages on the new features of IC2 and the experimental branch

If there is anything else, reply in this thread, if there is anything you want put onto the wiki, either attach it in the thread or PM me

• Glad that IC² is getting better documented, updated to new content, soon.

[GT still needs more people for that sake - read my signature :3]

Would love to help GT as well, but I don't know how much time the update will take, I'll try to help after IC2 is up to date.

• By the looks of it, the Home page is completely locked so I won't be able to change anything on the home page. I will try and work around this limitation but it will be difficult

• By the looks of it, the Home page is completely locked so I won't be able to change anything on the home page. I will try and work around this limitation but it will be difficult

If it's really necessary we could create an IC² Community Wiki instead.

• If it's really necessary we could create an IC² Community Wiki instead.

That's what I am suggesting on the other post that RichardG made. There are three methods that can be done for the wiki

1. Update the old one which looks like its going to be more of a pain then it needs to be
    2. Make a community wiki which will most likely suffer from trolling and will look similar to other wikis, however the making of the website will be faster then the other two options
    3. I make a "wiki" in Dreamweaver that won't have the ability to register people and give them access to edit (because I don't know how to link databases to websites), the other issue is that someone will need to host this site, another thing I can't do at the moment. The benefit however is that the website will look different from other wikis. this may or may not be the slowest option.

• Official Post

2. Make a community wiki which will most likely suffer from trolling and will look similar to other wikis, however the making of the website will be faster then the other two options

This is a good option. The GT wiki is community run, people have to apply first, before having access to edit. [I'm the one who approves them by the way]
    Not to mention i can simply revert unwanted changes and ban any trolls between the members, but there were none so far.

"industrialcraftcommunitywiki.wikispaces.com" maybe?
    GT wiki format is fairly easy to use, with the exceptions of widgets, but those can be properly managed if you know a bit of html code.

• Official Post

If we do start fresh, can we decide on a universal layout BEFORE we start, I know the GT wiki is crazy for all the different page layouts

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Well, i had the oportunity to edit the windmills page and i really disliked the format, if compared to wikispaces...
    Editing it is awfully hard (for beginners) as you don't have an instant preview of what you are doing and must edit everything while in code.

Regarding GT wiki page format, well, they are all different because they were created different people.
    Still, they are easy to read and very useful.

• If we do start fresh, can we decide on a universal layout BEFORE we start, I know the GT wiki is crazy for all the different page layouts

I'll start working on some prototype layouts before I start inporting. Once the templates are designed i'll post them here and give you guys the ability to vote for one.

• Well, i had the oportunity to edit the windmills page and i really disliked the format, if compared to wikispaces...
    Editing it is awfully hard (for beginners) as you don't have an instant preview of what you are doing and must edit everything while in code.

Regarding GT wiki page format, well, they are all different because they were created different people.
    Still, they are easy to read and very useful.

Regarding the GT Wiki, would it be possible to find something that will push the footer to the bottom of the page so that the navigation pane isn't overlapping it on the home page if all the navigation pane is fully expanded?

• Official Post

It probably isn't that hard to contact Imer. Wipe most of the site and just use its layout.

• It probably isn't that hard to contact Imer. Wipe most of the site and just use its layout.

That's not the problem, I have the ability to edit pages now but the issue is that I still don't have access to the home page, its locked. Not to mention with the amount of stuff on the wiki that needs to be updated, its at the point where its easer to start fresh.

• The other reason for starting fresh is that its easier to control what pages have been updated.