Lead Ore Range

• Hey all, I am trying to set up a server that uses Custom Ore Generation to create veins instead of clusters. It supports IC2 but doesn't have a setting for Lead Ore, so basically I was hoping a dev could tell me EXACTLY where Lear Ore starts generating. For example: CustomOreGen has copper set to average at height 40, and span 30 blocks in either direction (this is weighted, so copper at height 70 is possible but VERY unlikely).

• Still working on this, would like to release the config files here when they are done and I'm adding a gregtech config as well. Could I get some more info on the IC2 ore settings as well as some GregTech ores?

I need: Range, Average Frequency per Chunk, Average Size

Obviously the Range for the IC2 ores was already posted (thank you again) but I've just been winging the frequency and size and can't find something that feels right.

• Official Post

I use the vanilla Spawn Algorithm for the regular Ore Veins. The Parameters for it are inside the DynamicConfig.cfg somewhere at the Bottom of the File.

The beginning of the Worldgen Config has a Master ON/OFF Switch for every type of the following Oregeneration. Some of them are OFF per default, and just for convenience. The Default Value of every Config is contained within its Name such as "_false" for a Config which defaults to false. Do not change the actual Default, only the Stuff behind the "=" when switching the Configs.

A bit more below there are the more specific Settings such as:

galena {
    I:Amount_1=1
    I:MaxHeight_32=32
    I:MinHeight_0=0
    I: Probability_3=3
    I: Size_16=16
    }

Amount = Amount of Veins per Chunk
    MaxHeight = maximum Y Value for it to spawn
    MinHeight = minimum Y Value
    Probability = In how many Chunks (1/Probability) it should actually generate, in this case only every 3rd Chunk
    Size = the Size Parameter of vanilla Oregeneration

• I was even digging through the configs and missed this. Thanks for the point in the right direction!

Ironically the only thing I'm missing is the frequency and size of lead ore deposits.

• Alright, it's driving me nuts, Greg, can I get the internal block names for the stone and ore?

I've tried:
    gregtechmod.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Stone1
    gregtechmod.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Ore

and variants of the above. Help would be appreciated. It's driving me nuts.

• Official Post

Alright, it's driving me nuts, Greg, can I get the internal block names for the stone and ore?

I've tried:
    gregtechmod.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Stone1
    gregtechmod.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Ore

and variants of the above. Help would be appreciated. It's driving me nuts.

If those doesnt match, then i don't know.

• Tried those and similar variants and got nothing. I need the internal names that he registered them as with Forge and I cannot guess or find them to save my life.

• I don't think I need a path, just a blocks internal name. I was using blockID:meta and that works just fine, but would break if the blockID needed to be changed.

Finally got it.

The ores are: BlockMetaID_Ore
    The granites are: BlockMetaID_Stone1

• copper: centered at 40, triangle-ish decreasing to +- 30 blocks
    tin: 0-40, uniform
    uranium: 0-64, uniform
    lead: 0-64, uniform

the height values are being scaled by the map's sea level

This would look fantastic on the new wiki