MOX reactors = OP, thoughts?

• So this is my first post (which i'm doing from school so I can't continue my nuclear testing currently) so I apologize for my noobiness. Anyway, I recently started looking into nuclear engineering and I came up with the MOX reactor design in about 5 minutes!
    forum.industrial-craft.net/core/attachment/3576/

As you can see by that picture, at ~9500 heat it produces INSANE amounts of eu/t. So much eu/t you need GREGTECH to handle it @_@... anyway, make sure to set up a thermal monitor and automated redstone coolant replacement. Of course, you'd need some way of obtaining these insane amounts of redstone, most likely a witch farm, turtles, quarries, or MFR laser miners. Fix your mod! :P

• Official Post

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHTHATDESIGNLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Yeah its not OP

• Official Post

no need to be that way :| when i say it's op i mean it's to the extent you need gregtech to transfer the power...

Hehe, sorry :p Its late and I am cranky. Besides, that design uses 96 mox fuel per cycle and probably a INSANE amount of redstone and simply huge running costs (I doubt those reflectors last long either). That kind of design is like ultra mega endgame in ic2, I could probably get a fusion reactor from GT before I got one of those.

• Hehe, sorry :p Its late and I am cranky. Besides, that design uses 96 mox fuel per cycle and probably a INSANE amount of redstone and simply huge running costs (I doubt those reflectors last long either). That kind of design is like ultra mega endgame in ic2, I could probably get a fusion reactor from GT before I got one of those.

haha yeah, this is more of a theoretical setup. My new design uses 13 RSH consumes the RSH charge in ~30 seconds meaning you consume ~4420 redstone per cycle sooooooo XD I actually plan on using one of my designs for this (20k eu/t at 7k heat) in FTB soon with the energy manipulator mod (basically EE2 condensors) :P

Nuclear power definitely needed a buff though ;)

• For some reason I can't open the attachment (despite being logged in).

But if the design really uses 96 MOX fuel rods... yeah, shows you probably haven't built a MOX reactor in legit survival play before. Good luck with this one, and may the patience of saints be with you. You'll need it! :P

When you're done collecting the diamond chest full of uranium ore, can you take a screenshot? That would be pretty impressive to see...

• Admittedly I calculated off of U-235 alone, that would result in needing 91 stacks.

If he set up a smaller MOX reactor first to help convert U-238 into plutonium as well, he'd obviously need less. But then he could just keep using that one and not the silly design here :P (Which I still cannot see. This is why we have an online reactor planner...)

• Admittedly I calculated off of U-235 alone, that would result in needing 91 stacks.

If he set up a smaller MOX reactor first to help convert U-238 into plutonium as well, he'd obviously need less. But then he could just keep using that one and not the silly design here :P (Which I still cannot see. This is why we have an online reactor planner...)

sorry about that, i'll link it when i get home because it was blocked X(
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…0dml32i50d79wblwabr5vyznk there's the link, replace quads with quad MOX :I don't comment on the INSANE amount of stuff you need to run it, but think of the theoretical aspects of it ;) inevitably someone will probably find a way to make one in survival :P

• Official Post

man, i thought the ic2 community was good but people have been mean 4 times on my first day... time to disappear :Nuke TNT:

Sorry, I was being kind of harsh :p
    Next time, please rate the balance of something against survival mode :P

• Sorry, I was being kind of harsh :p
    Next time, please rate the balance of something against survival mode :P

haha :p it's ok, but this was more theoretical than anything, but just remember: if there's a will, there's a way ;)