Can't craft IC2 recipes containing metals [1.6 experimental IC2]

• I can't craft IC2 specific recipes that contain any metals, such as the iron furnace or copper cables, but I can craft treetappers and rubber sheets. Melting iron, copper, or tin in a regular furnace is no problem. No crashes.
    In creative mode I can build and use, but not craft iron furnaces. Basically, it seems that some of the recipes go undetected.

I'm using Forge 9.11.1.953 and IC2 2.0.334 experimental. Other mods that are installed are the Minecraft Coder Pack 8.09, Rei's Minimap, Treecapitator and bspkrsCore. Running all of it on Minecraft version 1.6.4.

If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it a lot.

• Official Post

Iron furnace with Iron PLATES right? You're not trying to craft with just ingots are you?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks for your reply!

I feel really silly now. In creative mode, using iron plates, I can now make an iron furnace. I got the recipe with the ingots off the wiki page of Industrial crafts. Trouble is, though, I can't find how to make these iron plates. I found a post on this forum that says to use a forge hammer, but how do you use a forge hammer?

Do you know what's going wrong with the copper cables? Should I be using copper plates for crafting those?

• Official Post

I suggest installing the NEI addon if you can, it gives updated recipes when pressing R over items and U for what it is used in.
    All metal wires are now crafted either in the metal former on extruding mode, or with the wire cutting tool and its respective plate.

Also, don't use the wiki ;p

• I'm having the exact same problem. I can see the machines in the NEI, and I can cheat them in, but it will not give me the recipe for them. Considering I run a server, this is really annoying.
    I've disabled the hidden recipe thing in the config, and I do have NEI addons installed. Still not getting the recipes.
    Anyone able to help???

• Official Post

I'm having the exact same problem. I can see the machines in the NEI, and I can cheat them in, but it will not give me the recipe for them. Considering I run a server, this is really annoying.
    I've disabled the hidden recipe thing in the config, and I do have NEI addons installed. Still not getting the recipes.
    Anyone able to help???

Pretty sure you've already been answered but use the latest NEI.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.