Ic 1.6.4

• Hello all. I'd been playing with IC2 for at least a year with Minecraft 1.4.7. Running around in early game trying to find a single rubber tree. And wondering if I was going to blow myself up with my nucular power late game. But by in large I loved it. I actually could not play Minecraft any other way.

However I had done the same thing over and over and had grown somewhat done with that. But then I watched a chap called Direwolf20 play a few games in 1.6.4 with a very well modded version of Minecraft and I got all tingley. And being an IT chap myself I picked out the mods I wanted and rolled myself a new version of modded Mindcraft for 1.6.4.

And of course IC was going to be at the heart of my personal mod pack. When I think of Minecraft I mostly think of it in terms of having IC. I guess that is just my geeky nature that I can't see Steve not building eventually a Solar Panal or a Macerator. I just believe it to be a logical extension of how the game works.

As such now that I've spent a few days with my new 1.6.4 install, I got kinda sad. I decided to branch out and include some mods that I did not use before in my 1.4.7 worlds. I decided to go with a more FTB kinda install with multiple mods rather than just a singular focus on IC. And this was not because I did not want to use IC but rather that I wanted to try to change it up some.

The point here is that I had NEI (and I run my world on another computer in my house as a server) installed and so I even had that helping me to craft things which before in my 1.4.7 worlds I did not. And so here were we come to the rub.

I had enough resources that I wanted to start making my IC Drill. I went and started to craft it. The steps involved were steps upon steps upon steps. I thought for a moment I had installed GregTech but I knew that I had not.

The amount of hammers and clippers and every thing that I had to do to even craft the motor that I needed for the drill was crazy. I had not even gotten to the point of the game where I'd crafted a bunch of Red Power (I used ProjectRed for my 1.6.4 of course) Project Tables to make sure I could keep all of the things I needed to get done clear. But to even get a drill, kinda IMO the starting point of IC, I would have needed them to stay sane.

Some of you are like now, deal with it! Ok. That is fine. Going from crafting some batteries, smelting iron twice, and making some insulated cable to the 50 page steps is a good thing. Ok. That is fine, and I'll now be bowing out from IC.

I can always reinstall my 1.4.7 and relive those days. But I can say right now that in its current state that I have no intrest in IC. IMO there needs to be a reduction of steps involved in doing something. I don't want to have to do 3 steps before I can get a step forward in building something.

So, that is my take on it. Again, at least where I live, it is a free country and this is only my opinion. Good luck, have fun all!

• Official Post

Thats why you should make a metal former.
    GregTech is even more complicated indeed, but it pays off in terms of features.
    You probably have tried IC crops, GT adds more types, that can yield the majority of raw resources, for example.
    Anyways, thats my opinion aswell.

• Thank you for your reply! I would submit that you are missing my point. That in an early game that having to use xMany hammers and xMany snippers on top of all the other things just to even get a drill is a fundamental change to the way IC works.

And again I'm not talking about IC with GT installed. I have never played with that and as such this discussion is not about GT at all. (I only used it in my OP to try to illustrate a point.)

Your point to build a Metal Former is quite a few tiers down a game. Not only does such an item require power but an infastructure to support it. My issue was just trying to get my early game going. And in 1.4.7 one of my early goals was Drill -> Batpack -> Power systems.

You are talking about advanced systems when I'm still looking at the amount of Hammers and Snips to make a drill.

So if you are just saying "deal with it" then that is fine. But please understand that I personally object to the direction.

• You just need a bit of patience at the beginning. I highly recommend using IC2 with Applied Energistics mod's ME network. Once you get things rolling, you can simply tell the terminal to craft 1 MFSU and it does all the parts and ready product for you. It is a little bit fascinating watching the crafting monitor for all the little things it does for bigger projects, but also at the same time be satisfied for all the systems you have built for it to work.

Also i'm a fan for solar panels, so Advanced Solar Panels mod was essential
    [Addon v1.118, v2.0 exp for MC 1.6.4] Advanced Solar Panels v3.4.6 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets ![SSP/SMP]

You'll come to see how difficult it is to build even 1 hv-solar panel in vanilla way (yeah that may be from "compact solars" mod, but doesn't every modpack have it?).

So if you are just saying "deal with it" then that is fine. But please understand that I personally object to the direction.

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

at least where I live, it is a free country

WRONG
    YOU LIVE IN SOVIET RUSSIA NOW
    FREE SPEECH IS HARMFUL ACCORDING TO GLORIOUS TRUTHFUL KBG

• Official Post

WRONG

Why speak freely when you can not speak at all? No time for speaking when you're having fun being over stretched by the 5 year plans.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• WRONG

You mean corporate funded NSA says Free Speech is Harmful because it hurts their bottom line and they want the population to "buy into" "compliance?"

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.