[Port][1.7.10] IC2 Classic by Immibis - now 1.7.10

• I have a BIG awesome idea, read please:
    The mod will be called "RedCraft", it will be a RP2 basic stuff replacement, if you wan't you can add ores, and you have a lot of the code done with your mods, for example:
    -For lights,wire and gates you have Redlogic.
    -For PneumaticTubes you have Infinitubes.
    -For Deployer,block breaker and the Buffer you have TubeStuff.
    -For ore blocks you TubeStuff, which has Nikolite, Brass, Copper, Tin, Red alloy ingot, Blue alloy ingot and some more ore blocks.
    Also in older versions of TubeStuff you had the retriouvilator which works like the retriever, that can help too.
    You'll have the support of a bunch of people, including me, and Eloraam CAN'T say nothing bad about this mod because it'll be your own code and textures, so don't worry about that.
    And Ic2-Classic, remember that when you start with that project it was a mod used by a very small amount of people, however now a lot of people use it!!!!, the same will happen with this RP2 Replacement, so... Immibis,
    What you think? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Official Post

So you're just filling in the missing bits that immibis doesn't already have in his mods?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• And changing somethings of Immibis mods to make them more RP2-ish, but the idea of RedCraft is add the basics of RP2 and LAAAAATTTTEEEER on the line add the most powerfull stuff, such as frames and others, for now i finish all the blocks textures, i'm currently working in items :D

• I see most of the textures ( if not all ) are already here, the only thing I can do now is to make them look different/cooler.

• Just my opinion, but I don't think adding RF support is really a good idea. It just doesn't make any sense in the mod, it's not realistic at all.

Also, do we really need *another* RP2 clone? There's already way too many.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

This would not be a Redpower clone. This would be Redpower. Just it can't be, since Elo would get angry and claim she still wants it. Although she'd probably help if she still liked Minecraft.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• You are wrong, there is NO a RP2 replacement :
    ProjectRed is a Redpower2 replacement, however i request to bring back some Rp2 things to MrTJP and the answer was: " I don't want to copy RP2 so much".
    Redlogic is a wire/logic/lamp replacement, however we are missing all the machinery from Rp2.
    Bluepower is a good RP2 replacement, however the idea of HD textures is that mod is bad, Ic2EXP - for example - make a good job with 32x32 textures however Bluepower was better with 16x16, also it is a early beta and the devs don't wanna copy Redpower at all, which is what i am looking for.

• Official Post

ProjectRed was to avoid getting complained at for being so close to Redpower
    Redlogic was just the lighting and redstone, and came first
    BluePower is a buggy mess, but was always designed to be mostly Redpower, just with Quetzi and co's undesired bits removed (think Project Table plans for example)

I see this too much.

• Exactly, 3 RP2's replacements and still not the same, that is why i'm trying to start this project, also
    What is more easy to do, start a mod from nothing and add all the RP2 stuff one by one, or just port the 1.4.7 mod?

• Official Post

Ironically, immibis has done both :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Not Redpower, I just meant he ported IC2 from 1.4.7, so it's not like it's the first time he's done it ;)

I see this too much.

• I hate to be "that" guy. But you all realize you literally just derailed an entire page on this thread? Theres forums and sub-reddits for random mod ideas. Last i knew the IC2 forums is for IC2 related mod ideas and or addons.

• But I think the fact that blue power finally included zinc for making brass is better, I never understood eloraam idea for brass made out off tin :P

But yeah, that's becoming a derailed thread XD