[Port][1.7.10] IC2 Classic by Immibis - now 1.7.10

• Official Post

Having to add a core mod really isn't that bad. Everyone seems to be doing it now (there's a massive boom over the last few weeks and months), but Immibis has had his for years.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• IC2 Classic does not (or is not supposed to, anyway) rely on Immibis Core. Neither does the compatibility mod - it's just set to load after it if it's installed (Unless Forge broke something again and it's treating that as a requirement?). This is necessary since Immibis Core does something slightly weird that otherwise causes it to not work with the compatibility mod. There could be other mods that do similar things.

IMetaDelegate is not implemented currently. Not implementing it won't break anything inside IC2 Classic, only other mods that use the IC2 Experimental API (which it's from).

The new version attached to this post should fix the ClassCircularityError (not sure why I didn't get that crash in Eclipse though) and the dependency cycle with Immibis Core.

Also a thing. Immibis added ASm to the IC2 Classic thing. Which is really not required... He makes that to make FakeMod that says i am IC2.... which is not really a need.

Sure it is. Otherwise, what happens when a mod says it requires IC2, and IC2 isn't installed? (Answer: Forge gives you an error messages and refuses to load the game).

Also note that it's not in IC2 Classic proper, but in the API compatibility mod.

Files

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Official Post

Still getting a crash from the compat:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• IC2 Classic does not (or is not supposed to, anyway) rely on Immibis Core. Neither does the compatibility mod - it's just set to load after it if it's installed (Unless Forge broke something again and it's treating that as a requirement?). This is necessary since Immibis Core does something slightly weird that otherwise causes it to not work with the compatibility mod. There could be other mods that do similar things.

OK. I said nothing about that.

IMetaDelegate is not implemented currently. Not implementing it won't break anything inside IC2 Classic, only other mods that use the IC2 Experimental API (which it's from).

Sorry you are wrong there. I installed that class into my energyNet and made cables/EnergyNet compatible to it and everything is fine.
    A thing what you should know. The new EnergyAPI from IC2 is using a lot of Fake TileEntities which do not exist in the World at all but they are stored in the TileEntities which produce the Energy....
    That is a thing that you need to cover too else a lot of big addons/Mods will be not really compatible.

The new version attached to this post should fix the ClassCircularityError (not sure why I didn't get that crash in Eclipse though) and the dependency cycle with Immibis Core.

Always test a mod in a invioment where no other mods exsist (Server/Client Sided) before you release something.
    My Old Texture was right about this thing while i coded TinyChest...

Sure it is. Otherwise, what happens when a mod says it requires IC2, and IC2 isn't installed? (Answer: Forge gives you an error messages and refuses to load the game).

Why just throw the modID = "IC2" in instead of "IC2Classic"... that would make things a lot easier for you. (Then you have to rerange your Classes back to the Folder IC2 but thats not that big a deal) It replaces IC2 Exp anyways and if you throw both in recipe missmatches will prevent every comunication between those mods... And yeah there are recipe missmatches inside of that thing...

Also note that it's not in IC2 Classic proper, but in the API compatibility mod.

Here a thing. Do you think people will support 2 differend versions of the same mod? Nope... I do not think so and i know nobody who would do that (even myself). Do not mind me if that comes ruff over but i am just thinking about every possebility that can happen.

Also a thing i nodest is. What did you do by way of the items that does not exsist in IC2 Classic but in IC2 Exp.
    I see only a fake block that you output. which is interesting...
    But that is not solveing every problem. Like IronPlates or something like that.
    tried to replace every item that exsist in IC2 Exp with an item that matches or replaced it with a NoUseItem. (matches: Quad Depleted UraniumCells are 4 Depleted UraniumCells from IC2 Classic).

And now a thing which i have to say: THANKYOU VERY MUCH THAT YOU DID RELEASE THAT. You took from me so much away that people will not ask me anymore if i update. I simply tried to avoid it.. Now i do not have to do that anymore and i can play on the version i choosed and do my work how i want it without the version update request (i hope at least that will happen)......

Thanks again^^"

• Okay then, I'll try fixing it a different way. (JAR attached to this post)

Files

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Always test a mod in a invioment where no other mods exsist (Server/Client Sided) before you release something.
    Thanks again^^"

When you think there's an 80-90% chance that it will work, it's not really worth setting up another Minecraft instance every time just to test it.

Battery snot included.

• Official Post

Okay then, I'll try fixing it a different way. (JAR attached to this post)

That seems to have fixed it. Adding Immibis Core still gets Minecraft stuck in a load order loop though.

Nuclear Control 2 doesn't seem to work with the compat either:

Correction, it can work if the recipes are set to old in the config, but then many items/blocks are missing recipes. Not sure if that's just a Nuclear Control bug though. Reactor Sensor Kits and Thermometers don't work on reactors either, they just open it's GUI when you click on them. And apparently putting a normal Thermal Monitor on a reactor crashes you too:

• When you think there's an 80-90% chance that it will work, it's not really worth setting up another Minecraft instance every time just to test it.

Really weak answer immibis. It takes maybe 1-2 minutes in Exported MC (i did not talk about an extra dev invioment) to make a instans.
    And when it is already created you exchange only the mod versions and try to start it, load a world (maybe a world where almost everything is in use)
    And then you can say it can run.
    Because a dev invioment is really resistant to bugs. The exportet version not. (Did not find the right word)

• That seems to have fixed it. Adding Immibis Core still gets Minecraft stuck in a load order loop though.

Nuclear Control 2 doesn't seem to work with the compat either:

Correction, it can work if the recipes are set to old in the config, but then many items/blocks are missing recipes. Not sure if that's just a Nuclear Control bug though. Reactor Sensor Kits and Thermometers don't work on reactors either, they just open it's GUI when you click on them. And apparently putting a normal Thermal Monitor on a reactor crashes you too:

Reason for that is because immibis ic2 works in a shifted area and simulate that it is this ic2 exp.
    Most bugs would be fixed if he rerange the files to the place where they belong.

• Reason for that is because immibis ic2 works in a shifted area and simulate that it is this ic2 exp.
    Most bugs would be fixed if he rerange the files to the place where they belong.

Why don't you try it and see what happens?

Battery snot included.

• This seems to work with both Immibis Core and Nuclear Control.

Energy counters and average counters from Nuclear Control don't work currently. Thermal monitors, remote thermal monitors and reactor sensor cards do work. Energy sensor cards do work. Nuclear Control uses some IC2's networking features that were previously removed (because vanilla already had those features); they have been re-implemented in the compatibility mod.

Also, did the buttons in the thermal monitor GUI work previously? I can't see how they possibly worked with real IC2, but just in case, I fixed that bug with some more ASM.

Files

Battery snot included.

• Official Post

Not sure if the buttons worked as I managed to crash and corrupt my world until the latest update fixed it ;)

It works fine with Immibis Core and nuclear control, the main bug I've found is that the sensor kits are reporting that reactors only output 1 EU/t per uranium cell, despite them still outputing 5 as expected (when not touching any others).

Other bugs I found include NEI support not working (or was it you never had any?), seed bags have slightly broken tooltips (see attached image) and electric items don't show their stored EU.

• Official Post

Also, your Advanced Machines doesn't seem to work:

Nor does Advanced Solars:

However, Advanced Repulsion Systems and IC2 Backpack HUD do work fine.

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• Why don't you try it and see what happens?

See i have a version in 1.6.4 and does it and i have no trouble with any addons i tried with. To be fair i tested only it with Railcraft and AdvGenerators which i support manually.

And the other thing. I do not want to fix decompiling errors for twice and you are not allowed to give me the source of ic2 Classic (the version without IC2 Exp compatiblity). And to the other side it is also not allowed to me to give you my source...

And nope i stay as long as possible on 1.6.4 and then i choose another version and update the mods i have to the version. which are at the moment 5 mods...

• I have to say THANKS IMMIBIS!, really, you rock, so much thanks, i still remember the first versions of the mod when just was me sasha master choco and a few other people using the mod, now is very stable/cool.
    Thanks and keep doing this job.

• Not sure if the buttons worked as I managed to crash and corrupt my world until the latest update fixed it ;)

It works fine with Immibis Core and nuclear control, the main bug I've found is that the sensor kits are reporting that reactors only output 1 EU/t per uranium cell, despite them still outputing 5 as expected (when not touching any others).

Other bugs I found include NEI support not working (or was it you never had any?), seed bags have slightly broken tooltips (see attached image) and electric items don't show their stored EU.

The bug of this picture here i did already fix xDDD My old coding area (not Grandle) does see that also as error so i had to fix it to release the first IC2 Classic Exp Version xDDD.
    Use EnumChatFormatting for that simply xDDDD

• Compatiblility mod update:

* Fixed crash on startup with Binnie's mods
    * Fixed load order conflict (again)

Files

Battery snot included.

• Official Post

That does indeed fix the load order bug, but your Advanced Machines and Advanced Solar Panels both crash still:

IC2 Classic still doesn't have a section for the key configs either.

Also, Forestry electric engines don't connect to cables:

• thx for this great mod immbis, i would love to play it :) but i have the same problems like chocohead, it crashes with Advanced machines, Advanced Solar Panel and Modular Powersuits :(

• Official Post

@Above, that's actually an E-net bridge crash, so that can get added to the list of broken addons.

I see this too much.