Holy Molten Bedrock Batman!

• OK, so I just updated to experimental-2.0.384 and since there were a few changes to the MOX system since the last version I was using I rebuilt my MOX generating cluster. It's MOX so I'm running it about as hot as the reactor will possibly go without turning into a big hole in the ground, with all the usual side-effects of things not in HazMat suits bursting into flame and getting radiation poisoning. Oddly, I have never had any problem with anything turning to lava until now. Most things still aren't turning to lava. There's plain old Vanilla stone hanging out just one block away from my reactor doing everything you'd expect solid rock to do.

On the other hand, the bedrock is melting and disappearing leaving a gaping hole into the void. Nothing else, just the bedrock. Is this normal/intentional?

Thanx,
    -S

• This sounds like a bug to me... reactors haven't melted any block into lava in a long time now. And if they were supposed to melt blocks into lava, bedrock would be the last block you'd want to affect.

• Official Post

MELT ALL BLOCKS! :D
    Holes into bedrock are useful, ya know!

Seriously, who thought the "melt only indestructible Blocks" thing was a good Idea?

It's to keep server admins from 'cheating' protection around a reactor at no cost, I bet...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

It's to keep server admins from 'cheating' protection around a reactor at no cost, I bet...

My bet was to prevent people from using ThaumCraft Warded stone or other similar stuff, although melting bedrock is just a plain no.
    By the way, if they are server admins and can cheat, why not just cheat energy instead.

• By the way, if they are server admins and can cheat, why not just cheat energy instead.

Other than Quantum Generator (which is from an add-on), I don't think it's very easy to dupe in infinite energy on the fly on a server. Could be wrong, though...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.