[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• thanks - it lands right away on my serv.

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• Upgrading GalactiCraft did not fix the crashing. I want to remove Galacticraft on K1 to test it out. If people would be so kind to get their galacticraft blocks and items into a chest on either K2 and K3 before tuesday that would be great.

• server, using GC #228. This crash doesn't happen with older versions.

Fixed. My files got corrupted while downloading.

• Thank you all very much for helping us with our stream on Saturday. You were amazing hosts and have impressive builds. I know we ran out of time to show everything you wanted to, but we are more than happy to return and if the interest is there, we can do a Youtube series with each video showcasing each players builds.

We bypassed our goals in raising money for Extra Life and raised a total of $275. Thank you for your help in that, I am sure the children who will gain help from that money will be very pleased.

You are all amazing.

• Thank you all very much for helping us with our stream on Saturday. You were amazing hosts and have impressive builds. I know we ran out of time to show everything you wanted to, but we are more than happy to return and if the interest is there, we can do a Youtube series with each video showcasing each players builds.

We bypassed our goals in raising money for Extra Life and raised a total of $275. Thank you for your help in that, I am sure the children who will gain help from that money will be very pleased.

You are all amazing.

The whitelistings are there to stay, join us any time :)

• Now that Hunger Overhaul is available, could we remove the "no natural regen" feature of the server and install Hunger Overhaul with very slow health regen from food instead ?
    Since its config allows natural regeneration rate tweaking.

• I think that is why the Mindcrack server went back to normal regen. After a point, it becomes a nuisance as opposed to difficult (which is why I think adventure mode is stupid tbh). What would be cool is if a mod made naturalRegen get harder over time, as you progressed (Grimoire of Gaia is based off this principle). The goal, I think, is to make surviving more difficult as you get on, while still making you feel as if your infastructure makes a difference.

• Oh and Bloody said something that got me thinking. What if K4 used the Realistic World Gen, but was a whole different modpack? It would be based around a small town, a tight knit community focused on survival and trade. Life would be so difficult to survive, players would rely on each other to make the community run.

Mods like Grimoire of Gaia, HO, Spice of life, Infernal mobs, etc. PLUS tech (only the tech, no TC, and nothing that makes life easy like AE)

• I *love* adventure mode, never again do you have to see a noob using a diamond sword to break dirt.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• As a reminder, Hunger's Overhaul alters health regeneration from food depending on the percentage in the config file, which is the "base health regen rate", and also reduce automatically the regeneration rate the more hurt the player is.
    Having eaten food recently grants a temporary slight natural regen rate buff depending of the quality of the food eaten, from a few seconds to a few minutes.

So I think this is fairer than the "no natural regen" gamerule we have right now on Kirara.

• Official Post

I *love* adventure mode, never again do you have to see a noob using a diamond sword to break dirt.

Any particular noob? *cough*Direwolf*cough*

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• So I have been digging a bit in source code of PFAA / GC and Forge and I think I know what is causing the vm crashes. I will investigate a fix (need to figure out how / if I am allowed to compile forge myself). Therefor I am not pulling GC out just yet.

@HO I need more feedback on that, since it was not "selected" on the original modpack. I personnaly think it is better to have some low tech bandages to regen slowly. That will take the sting out.
    @K4 It is kinda hard to pull out mods and keep the servers connected via qcraft.