Posts by Pyrolusite

Hey there, been a while.

If you didn't guess by my absence, I'm no longer maintaining this. Lost interest in GT and GTCE.

I posted here the GTCE version of my pack on twitter last year, but forgot to post it here, so here you go.

I might get back to this someday, but for now it's over.

Feel free to update it yourself, after all it's Creative Commons.

It's been 7 months since the last update. About time I released something.

Minimalist Technology 0.8 (GT6) :
    - All machines released pre-scanner + electric variations of existing machines
    - Circuits
    - 80% of the components (motors, pistons...)
    - New covers
    - All available storage options
    - Transformers, battery boxes
    - Reworked gems + legendary variation
    - Reworked machine casings
    - Moar drinks (not all of them though)
    - Tweaks here and there

I'm also considering removing IC2 textures from my pack, since I no longer use the mod, and, to be honest, I didn't really maintain them.

Ugh, waiting for a few days to see what will really happen is probably the best course of action.
    I'm already sick of april fools jokes. People forgot it's supposed to be funny.

After a disappearance of a few months, I'm back, and with a new release !

Minimalist Technology v0.7 :
    - Rolling Mill, Roll Bender, Roll Former, Cluster Mill and Wiremill.
    - Universal Extenders.
    - Machine Casings.
    - Covers.
    - Missing tools (Magnifier, Scissors and Pincers).
    - CFoam.
    - Drinks.
    - GUI improvements for machines with a lot of outputs (Electrolyzer/Centrifuge).
    - "NEI module" no longer useful for GT6 since Greg kindly added a custom NEI background to its recipes.
    - Other things.

Machines introduced in GT 6.01.03 are not covered yet, but will be in the next version.

Also, since GitHub Pages exists, now there's some kind of website where you can grab all my work : http://pyrolusite.github.io/PyrolusitesResourcePacks/

weirdly cut when displayed? I thought I fixed that a few weeks ago.

Nah, the problem doesn't come from your mod.

It's because the GUIs I've made clash with the vanilla NEI background, since you use a part of your machines GUIs to display their recipes : http://i.imgur.com/lkGAVMm.png
    That's why someone requested to have the NEI background changed accordingly, but since it works well only with GT recipes, I made a separate module for it.

Minimalist Technology v0.6 is now available !

I added a NEI module as well, so that GT recipes are not weirdly cut when displayed.
    Also, new screenshot album.

Here's a little preview of what's waiting for you :

After digging through the log, here's what I suggest (since I sadly have no rights over Kirara, being a npc maker only and stuff) :

- (Re)voting "Thaumcraft or not", "TC addons or not" and "RTG or ATG" on a more trustworthy platform (IC2 forum poll, strawpoll...), since I've seen quite a bit of complaints related to votes being changed to go in someone's favor.
    And I insist : Majority wins, no questions asked, like it has always been.
    - If most are in favor of TC, keep Nonotan's work so that TC doesn't "break" GT progression as much, if he changes his mind about not playing on KR though.
    - Not being too harsh with Keda, who now have to handle everything by himself, and let him work at his pace.
    - Airam and Nononiri come to an agreement, offer apologies, whatever that will stop this shitstorm.

Meanwhile, I'm officialy putting my NPC Maker job on KHC on hold until Arch comes back, which will probably take a while. And I won't be playing on KR.
    Thanks to everyone who enjoyed my work, be it traders, quests, etc. even if I'm not the best scriptwriter you could've had.

EDIT : Greg, could you please remove the poll ? Airam doesn't deserve public lynching either.

Smart Moving actually allowed you to kite faster mobs, as well as the increased mobility, but it won't be on KR I guess.

Otherwise, yeah there's no middle ground for these mobs given how much damage they inflict.
    I wonder with what mods in mind GoG3 has been balanced...

------

Kirara will not be TC focused, with the work Nonotan is putting into tweaks for it to not blatantly overpower GregTech like Kirara v2.
    It should be another progression next to the GT one, so it should be fine.

What are the general opinions of Grimoire of Gaia for additional mobs?

I only have two problems regarding Grimoire of Gaia as of now :

- Unless you have a mod to give you more powerful weaponry, preferably ranged ones, they are too resilient and too powerful to handle for a GregTech modpack.
    I can't tell if Thaumcraft have weaponry powerful enough to handle these guys, excluding the thaumostatic harness, but if it's not the case, you might want to add mods like QuiverBow or the infamous Tinker's Construct.

- If used alongside another mob-focused mods like Special Mobs, they will spawn way too rarely, given the observations that have been made on Kirara Hardcore.

Otherwise, if you don't mind the overall theme of the mod, it's fine.

I personally kinda ditched it for Special Mobs because Zombie Awareness works way better with it, BUT Grimoire is the mod you need if you want to make mob hunting worth it.
    Also, Ars Magica 2 for the win.

Could you update KHC as well when a new GT version comes out with machines? There are lots of problems and balance issues that need to be addressed, such as things that are impossible to craft due to having wrong recipes, poor NPC trade ratios, bad machine cost/reward differentials that make no sense, and tech issues such as entire mods being unusable because a single item can't be crafted.

Could I have more precise feedback concerning the trade ratios ?

But yeah, Arch was supposed to remake almost every recipe for the modpack, and since he can't make them at supersonic speed, he locked some mods as long as their recipes were not ready. KHC is still supposed to be a WIP though, even the questing stuff is far from complete.

If KHC still exists and Arch doesn't come back I'll probably try to update it myself, but it will receive some changes.

Arch-Nihil disappeared from IRC and the server since the 5th of September. It's been a month now we didn't get any news from him.
    I tried contacting him on Skype, because I saw him online a few times, but I was met with silence.

We currently have no clue about how much time we have left before the servers goes offline.
    Keda, being the only one having access to the servers, backed up everything he could.

If Arch never comes back, we will need to find another admin, willing to pay for the servers (which were kinda expensive) and maintain the modpacks without growing tired of doing that and playing it.
    Without a new admin to carry the torch... it might be the end for Kirara as we know it.

Even if I burned out of Minecraft these last few months, it would be sad to see so much time we invested in those servers, admins and players alike, disappearing.
    And I can't do anything about that. I'm sorry.

(Please discuss this in the random thread. I posted this here because this announcement had to be made, and Arch not being here, someone else had to do it.)

Bronze pipes look orange but bronze machine casings (and by extension every bronze machine) look yellow. Wouldn't GT paint bronze machine casings orange like it does on the default texture pack?

Oh, you mean the bronze machines ? Yeah, these ones are not colored by the mod since they are not meta-generated items.
    That's why I was able to use a proper bronze color, not the "almost copper-like orange" Greg used originally. Can't do much for the pipe though, at least, nothing via a resource pack, that's why they are still orange.