[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• I'll try removing this CustomOreGen_Config.xml, and at the end it said "shutting down internal server", so it was probably crashing, but it was 2 am, so I stopped it, posted, and went to bed.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• I'll try removing this CustomOreGen_Config.xml, and at the end it said "shutting down internal server", so it was probably crashing, but it was 2 am, so I stopped it, posted, and went to bed.

Did you increase your permgen allocation btw ?

• No, mainly because I don't know how to increase permgen allocation, only ram. Also, I got everything working now, but whenever I attempt to join it tells me "fatally missing blocks and items".

EDIT: it stopped telling "fatally missing blocks and items", now it just freezes, and when I stop it, the game output tells me java.lang.outOfMemoryError: PermGen space.

EDIT AGAIN: fixed it, can play now

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

Edited 2 times, last by blub01 ().

• No, mainly because I don't know how to increase permgen allocation, only ram. Also, I got everything working now, but whenever I attempt to join it tells me "fatally missing blocks and items".

EDIT: it stopped telling "fatally missing blocks and items", now it just freezes, and when I stop it, the game output tells me java.lang.outOfMemoryError: PermGen space.

EDIT AGAIN: fixed it, can play now

I have now added this permgen info to the op.

Can i join in the server?

You are whitelisted since you did send the pm ;)

• i thought about installing journeymap on my client, and there are editions with features like radar and cave mapping disabled, so i wanted to ask if i can use the version with all features or one with limited features.

EDIT: for now i'll just use the one with most limited features.

• i thought about installing journeymap on my client, and there are editions with features like radar and cave mapping disabled, so i wanted to ask if i can use the version with all features or one with limited features.

EDIT: for now i'll just use the one with most limited features.

Mapping mods are fine and up to the player to install.

• I think the version with all features has stuff like radar, so i was concerned about cheating.

• of course it can, by using the version where it is disabled :D .

And seeing caves is done via a special map mode. I'll probably not use it though, because it gets confused by qcraft inter-server-portals.

• I suggest using all of the minimaps at once:

Antique Atlas
    VoxelMap (all the editions)
    JourneyMap (all the editions)
    OPIS
    Mapwriter
    REI (I think there is a ported version somewhere)

It makes your game really awesome, like 15fps max, and has lots of cool useless circles covering up the screen for your amusement.

• Works like a charm, how could I have been playing without using all these maps?! I think you should also try installing Not enough items, craft guide, nei plugin / addon for every mod you can find (like thaumcraft nei plugin, etc..) to have a great shitty computer simulator time testing the performances of your computer.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• actually, my performance right now is pretty good, so all the nei plugins probably won't be a problem, the maps might be though, they interact with the server, and my internet connection isn't the best.

• Yeah I went a bit overboard with client side mods, I used to have 30ish before 1.7.10. Now I'm running Spwn's setup. That is if I ever get back to playing because fucking school.

• anyone new to the server who would like to team up with somebody? because i would.

• A new version of CoFH Core is released which fixes the lag in 1.7.10 . I suggest you add it.

Better yet- next new version of forge.

Use bibliocraft stuff then bony, its worthlike minimap mods with its waypoint thingies and mapping solutions.

I don't want a map or waypoints. Do I look like a wussie?

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.