[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• I also would like to finally have a huge shared playertown. Every try until now stopped without getting much done.
    Well, a Railcraft train network was a crazy idea looking at it now. 30min+ to get from my base to the planned town...

My current idea about is that the town is just a gathering of trading buildings with some buildings for the looks around it.

To get players to use it there must be a benefit from it. So we need something that allows us easier trading and traveling.
    I also had some ideas for GTExtras about that but it will take some time until i get there.

1: A Admin Teleporter That others can link up to for cheap long distance teleporting to the town and back.

2: A more flexible and tuned up GT version of the Energy-O-Mart. Maybe a huge admin storage that can be placed into the town. Everyone can sell and buy energy from it. The more energy it has stored, the cheaper it will become. So supply/demant based energy prices. That somehow combined with an fair way of long way energy transfer.

3: A easy way to set up automated trading. Maybe a AE2 trading addon?

4: Once i added research to GTExtras, i will likely add a method that makes research in teams more efficient. Research results will not be player bound anyways, so they can be traded. While unlocking craftings will be quite cheap, mostly tier releated, efficiency and processing speed upgrades will get expensive fast. So a player that specializes on one area will have benefits when trading.

• Was hoping to hop back on k4 today. After all the downloading and reading of what's been happening since I've been gone, I'm now left wondering if I've been wasting my time updating.

Also, does anyone have a link to ihl-tools_n_machines-0.543-1.7.10.jar

• This is what I would like as far as Worldgen go. (Except for the rocks. Those are from my mod and it's incomplete as well as laggy as all hell.)

I intend to pregen a rather large area of land, which you should avoid crossing... It won't kill anyone but will cause lags if done by 2 people, or much faster than walking. Sorta like pfaa.

However once pregenned is silky smooth and has some interesting landscapes. My mod would get replaced by UB Stones + GT Oregen I'd tweak to use the new heights. Greg, if you wanna help, that'd be amazing.

As for the other servers...

Realistically, one of them would have to close. I keep on thinking about it but the only real solution I see about this is... either to plain scrap one and make it available for download, by region prefferably so you can take only yours should you want that. I could also alsways transfer them to the server that would remain last. However I know no other way to do this than to paste regions where they don't belong, in another world. And that's ugly. Your call. Also, K4 will probably be the longest staying server from now on.

We've been talking a lot on the IRC recently and while we are doing good progress, I need to draw the line somewhere and I doubt I can please everyone this way. The server will be focused on survival for the early game and tech as the game progresses. I will tweak some recipes to be more GT-like. I have shittons of recipes already I will just need to adjust as time goes by. (I keep on telling people that, but really... It does cover lots of stuff. ;P) It just depends on how much you allow me to change. Your opinions are always appreciated. I will start building a modlist as well. It will start smaller than will grow. What we need down right now is the world-gen. Everything that generates into chests as well is world gen. Beehives. Plants. Anything. Railcraft for the villages and stuff. Since I think I have a pretty solid idea of which world-gen mod to include except maybe only one which I'd consider extra right now, I could start generating the world in a week or so I suppose. Time to tweak the ores, make the definitive list (Should I draw the line myself right now ?), generate as large as is not idiotic to do... And I think we could have a test server running by in a week.

So tell me what you think of the screenshots and tell me wether or not to choose right now the basic modset. (Should be a bit bigger than other K servers at most.)

This' all.

Arch.

• One thing I forgot to note is that i kinda would like a server like kirara hardcore, but without the hardcore stuff(so basically normal gameplay, but with more mods than k4 has right now).

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• I could see a few world-gen less mod being added to K4 and his brother. But not much more. Any ideas ?

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Extra Utils... I'd rather wait. I'd rather have it on the other server and once people see that it's not either cheap as --- or that I left broken stuff enabled, then I think people would understand why the few nice blocks in has are worth it.

Nuclear Control I think would fit right in.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• the ender quarry is kinda nice for mining, though I don't really see a point in automated mining with GT oregen. The item transfer system is useless but for the fact that you can transfer items and fluid in the same block. the whole RF stuff is useless, too, the only thing interesting i can imagine would be bedrockium(which is really tough to get even in non-tweaked extrautils), and the magnum torch.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• You do have nice ideas. Connect on the IRC sometimes please. ;P

Wouldn't a huge player town in someplace epic lice a volcano (Inside it, anyone ? Gemji ? ;P), large cliffside or even just a large Mangrove near the ocean ?

EDIT :

the ender quarry is kinda nice for mining, though I don't really see a point in automated mining with GT oregen. The item transfer system is useless but for the fact that you can transfer items and fluid in the same block. the whole RF stuff is useless, too, the only thing interesting i can imagine would be bedrockium(which is really tough to get even in non-tweaked extrautils), and the magnum torch.

Ender Quarry makes a decent job, is lag-free (For a quarry.) and ender pump replaces blocks of lava by stone. Which means you do not lag the place with endless flowing lava. Else, I'm sure we can find a few little blocks that are alright. But the mod is a mere 2mb and what you don't use doesn't get loaded.
    It won't lag the world or anything, may just help it a bit. And allows for some nice tiering of quarries.

Basic drums, not Bedrockium ones are nice as well. Just make it Steel level. Or Al. Can't remember what I did.

• Bloody : Make me a lagless pump like they have. Just replace taken blocks by cobblestone. And magnum torch functionality. I'll love you forever.

EDIT : Ender Quarry we can leave without. I will take care of the angel block.

• The old GT pump i put into GT5 a few days back is lagfree. without producing cobble. Just by removing the fluid without a blockupdate. As it is allready MC 1.7.10 code copying it over to GTExras is a few minutes of work. Just some GT6 stuff like crafting materials and EU production are missing.

• Okay. As long as Bloody does this, and I trust he will, Extra Utils is out. In all honesty, if I can get all functionnalities and avoir Extra Utils, I'm happy.

• I would like to make modpack public on a certain Launcher if everyone who plans to help me agrees to this. Anyone lending a hand would be credited, be it only for recipe ideas or stuff.

I would not mind getting rid of Inter-Server communication. That way I'd get a chance to make a GT seever like Kirara 4, even slightly lighter with no TC.

• Q-Craft was only for the time were we hat 20+ players online at the same time and everything was lagging. With the current amount of online GT5 or GT6 players, a single server could easily handle it. Who knows if we get the server full again, but currently there is little reason for Q-Craft.

• This message is more important than the others. This is the modlist for K4. It has changed a bit.

appliedenergistics2-rv2-stable-1.jar
    BiblioCraft[v1.10.4][MC1.7.10].jar
    BiblioWoods[Forestry][v1.7].jar
    Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.6 - MC 1.7.10.jar
    Chisel2-2.3.10.37.jar
    CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.6.44-universal.jar
    ExtraCells-1.7.10-2.2.69bNIGHTLY.jar
    fastcraft-1.21.jar
    forestry_1.7.10-3.6.0.560-unstable.jar
    gregtech_1.7.10-6.00.36.jar
    GTExtras-0.3.1.jar
    ihl-tools_n_machines-0.555-1.7.10.jar
    immibis-core-59.1.1.jar
    industrialcraft-2-2.2.720-experimental.jar
    MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.9C.jar
    MobiusCore-1.2.5_1.7.10.jar
    NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar
    Railcraft_1.7.10-9.6.1.0.jar
    redlogic-59.1.10.jar
    Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5.jar
    UndergroundBiomesConstructs-1.7.2-0.7.jar

All of these are mandatory to get on the server. You may use any client-side mod you wish. This' all.

EDIT : Except Fastcraft. But get it as well if you do not have it. ;P

EDIT II : I only updated 3-4 things. Nothing new, nothing less.

Edited once, last by Arch ().

• Should use the other thread from now on.

I made a survey in the other thread as well. Second post.

I'd like people to answer quickly so I can work on stuff.

If all continues like this, BC would be included, Mine_Sasha. However I'd disable some stuff in it, because, you know, gotta use GT. ;] That will depend on suggestions.