[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] IHL Tools & Machines

• This is a slightly dodgy way of registering items. It means that, for example, if some other mod accesses the IHLMod class before FML does, then tar pitch buckets will be registered under the other mod instead of IHL.

Yep, you're right. But a time someone will actually access my addon in his mod i will celebrate. Anyway, this is easy to fix, thank you for showing me this.

• Hey there,

the water mechanics seem to have long pauses between running.
    I tried building a small 3x5x3 room on the ocean bottom and when I break the ceiling, usually only one layer of water gets created on the floor. Updating the water stream by placing blocks sometimes works.
    Same thing happens when I try to flood a ravine on the ocean bottom. The flood has several minute pauses between continuing.

Is that intended to prevent server load?

Methes

• Hello there, Methes.

Algorithm work this way:
    When at block break event detected, if block above is a liquid block, special invisible entity is spawned. This entity count free space at lowest layer, where flow will probably go, and destroyed amount of blocks at highest layer of liquid accordingly. Then it begins to turn blocks of air and blocks of liquid flow to liquid source blocks (1 block at certain amount of time, which is dependent from viscosity, 5 ticks for water and 20 for lava for example) until all destroyed blocks are placed. After that it start a process over again. Its possible to make algorithm work 5 times faster for water. I made that work this way so it give time for player to run from lava.

• but if lava is above you (mine upwards directly to a lava pool) you're 100% dead :F Still works very good :D but lava is your enemy :I

• Yep, you're right. But a time someone will actually access my addon in his mod i will celebrate. Anyway, this is easy to fix, thank you for showing me this.

Would you mind fixing it? I'm trying some experimental stuff (not in any of my mods, btw) and this breaks it. IHL is the only mod I'm testing with that does this.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• So, I was decompiling this mod and I discovered something... suspicious. Explain yourself, Foghrye.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• What are all the extra items added by your mod for? Are they functional and not documented, or the groundwork for things to come?

I really liked the added recipes for chalcopyrite and pentlandite ore, they are complex and utilize the capabilities that gregtech's machines offer in an interesting way. Love your mod!

• Are they functional and not documented, or the groundwork for things to come?

Currently they are functional (and already removed and replaced with item damage system) but not yet documented. Everything is ready, all i need to do - is finish NEI integration and edit language file.
    Probably i will release new version before this year's end.

• Currently they are functional (and already removed and replaced with item damage system) but not yet documented. Everything is ready, all i need to do - is finish NEI integration and edit language file.
    Probably i will release new version before this year's end.

:love: (Hopefully you do mean the Chinese new year and not the European one!)

• Hey there !

I think your mod is really interesting. It's been added to my must-have list as of... Right now. Good job.

I'd like to know something... Could I get a config option to set the range of the Tunneling Shield ? I'd put the range as long as possible. If it's possible, I'd even like to set it so it's infinite. Would... That be possible ?

Thanks for your time.

Arch.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• I'd like to know something... Could I get a config option to set the range of the Tunneling Shield ? I'd put the range as long as possible. If it's possible, I'd even like to set it so it's infinite. Would... That be possible ?

Sorry, but limit of action for tile entity based tunneling shield is defined by chunk loading range. If it goes further it will lost his connection to tile entity. At a year 2017 i would probably start working on SpwnX suggestion about electric RailCraft version of tunneling shield.

• Official Post

Sorry, but limit of action for tile entity based tunneling shield is defined by chunk loading range. If it goes further it will lost his connection to tile entity. At a year 2017 i would probably start working on SpwnX suggestion about electric RailCraft version of tunneling shield.

Couldn't you force chunkload the tunnel shield (head only) and the main tile entity?
    And use some hackish way to store the mining pipes location and integrity?

• Why don't you let the Motor Part of the Bore do the work of the Tunneling Shield? Then Chunk Loading is irrelevant since each "World.getBlock"-Call and similar results in automatically loading the target Chunk for a few ticks. What may be inefficient or laggy, but it works.

It is already work this way. Everything (replacing block, spawning drop, energy drain, etc.) is processed inside updateEntity() function of motor block. An only problem is rendering rotating part of shield. I use entity render with special entity moved with shield and called only on client side. And when this entity reach chunk loading limit, his tile entity base stops updating itself. If i render it via tile entity special render and move player toward a moving shield beyond chunk loading range it disappeared.