[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] IHL Tools & Machines

• You're meant to pump normal water through the reflux thing, not distilled.

In truth, you can use any cold liquid you want. Just dont use lava, steam or hot coolant - everything else is acceptable, including vanilla water.

Hello, where am i wrong? Inputing dist. water from top, oil from middle and heat from bot. Distillation column does not accept heat or liquids.

Wrong side of fluid distributor. Grey square is mark of output side. You can use pipes from GT5 or buildcraft as well.

Why don't you use fluid.getFluid().getID()?

Because i could use

Code
    this.fluidTank.getFluid().getFluidID()

instead of

Code
    this.fluidTank.getFluid().getFluid().getID()

It is almost 7 letters lesser! :)
    This would be changed to second option for back compatability in a next version. Just give me a bug worth to update.

• Official Post

In truth, you can use any cold liquid you want.

Do really cold liquids have any benefit over warmer, cheaper ones? Like would Gelid Cryotheum be any better than water?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Do really cold liquids have any benefit over warmer, cheaper ones? Like would Gelid Cryotheum be any better than water?

No, not at all. 10 mB of water per tick is enought to condensate recipe output entirely.

• Official Post

It wouldn't really matter that much, you're cooling down oil fractions, so as long as it's cold enough it wouldn't have any effect.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Why don't you use the fluid temperature to calculate how effective a fluid is.

I do use this temperature. I use rude simulation of condenser heat exchanger. "Moving power" of condensing process is a difference between boiling point of condensating fluid and temperature of coolant. Diesel fuel boiling points is 240-350 C. Vanilla water has default tempetare of 20C. Therefore "moving power" of process is 220 C. For water with ice it would be 240. For liquid helium is 509 C. Thus you need only 5 mB of helium instead of 10 mB per tick for water. :)
    Also i cannot use nbt tags to raise water temperature, because minecraft forge fluid tanks (used by almost every modder) ignore nbt tags of stored fluid on calling "drain" function.

• I do use this temperature. I use rude simulation of condenser heat exchanger. "Moving power" of condensing process is a difference between boiling point of condensating fluid and temperature of coolant. Diesel fuel boiling points is 240-350 C. Vanilla water has default tempetare of 20C. Therefore "moving power" of process is 220 C. For water with ice it would be 240. For liquid helium is 509 C. Thus you need only 5 mB of helium instead of 10 mB per tick for water. :)
    Also i cannot use nbt tags to raise water temperature, because minecraft forge fluid tanks (used by almost every modder) ignore nbt tags of stored fluid on calling "drain" function.

Well i as far as i know i have not seen any mod that remvoes NBTTags from the fluids... So you can try Detect everything. And if modders implement the TileEntity to their FluidTank then you can even catch that....

Edit: Yeah i get what you mean but for that you can use the GetTankInfo since its a direct copy of the original fluid... (and not a copy from the drain function)

• Edit: Yeah i get what you mean but for that you can use the GetTankInfo since its a direct copy of the original fluid... (and not a copy from the drain function)

I can, if i add my own fluid transport system. And anyway someone will simple use IC2 fluid regulator or pump to clear that nbt tag without using any cooling device.

• Official Post

Just give me a bug worth to update.

I happens with all your machines that use fluid in recipes? I'm locked out of both my testing world and survival world now :P

I see this too much.

• I happens with all your machines that use fluid in recipes? I'm locked out of both my testing world and survival world now

Ok, you won this time. You are my only betatester. Here is your new IHL version, compatable with old Forge, i guess. I didn't checked it.

• Official Post

All working fine again, thanks Foghrye :)

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I tried putting seed oil into the wiremill to make fibreglass, but it refuses to go in. Is 14mb too small an amount, even if the recipe only uses 1mb? Water went in fine however.

Also, the muffle furnace processes all the items in the input stack at once, not sure if that's intentional or not.

• I tried putting seed oil into the wiremill to make fibreglass, but it refuses to go in. Is 14mb too small an amount, even if the recipe only uses 1mb? Water went in fine however.

Missplaced ")" symbol.

Also, the muffle furnace processes all the items in the input stack at once, not sure if that's intentional or not.

You know, this was relatively hard to code. So, like in IRL if you put a stack of some things in furnace they will be heated together. And you not sure if this is a feature or a bug? ;(

• Official Post

You know, this was relatively hard to code. So, like in IRL if you put a stack of some things in furnace they will be heated together. And you not sure if this is a feature or a bug? ;(

It was because vanilla furnaces are unrealistic and do one at a time :P

The fact it has 2 slots but most of the time you only used one is curious too, thought it could've been an output.

I see this too much.

• Missplaced ")" symbol.

Why do you even make it that complex?
    Maybe it universal but it is way to complex... (To complex things get over time worse)

• Official Post

I actually like IHL's complexity. It's like Gregtech, but totally unobtrusive and is much cheaper. The models are much better than Greg's cubes too.

I see this too much.

• I actually like IHL's complexity. It's like Gregtech, but totally unobtrusive and is much cheaper. The models are much better than Greg's cubes too.

i do not meant ingame content. I meant Code. He made it insane Complex that it is hard to follow it...

• Official Post

Ohhhhhhh, well I can't help that.

Also, are you sure 0.569 fixed the seed oil bug, as it still won't go in.

• Also, are you sure 0.569 fixed the seed oil bug, as it still won't go in.

I guess i didn't fix anything in 0.569. I will rewrite gui and container code and add 4 more slot, to make them drainable.

i do not meant ingame content. I meant Code. He made it insane Complex that it is hard to follow it...

May be it because code was rewritten a lot of times. But i was hoping i gave a good, self-explanatory variable and function names.

• Ill do that too... But i am not a person who trust and start to read everything...
    (Simpy tracking it down) and there i nodest that the things are way to complex made...
    Yeah a list of objects is helpfull... But then instead of doing two lists (fluid/items) you could have done one list with Object and you simply were easier done, because you simpy check if everything in both lists are given (input from machine and the recipe) then you say it is a valid recipe. Else you say it is not valid. That take out a lot of Code out of the current complexability and also it has still then the same functionalitiy + OreDictionary Support, because you could store Strings (not the clothing) or ArrayLists from the oredict in there too...
    ^^"