[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] IHL Tools & Machines

• What is Switch and how do one tinker with it?

I made a video here:
    https://youtu.be/aPS9VAB5Yw8
    Does it help? (Start from 13:33 if you doesn't saw it already).

Switch is a device, that allow to transfer up to 8 relay signals with special cable. Links between contacts is established by simply clicking on them. Net works completely accurate "as-IRL" principle. To make device emit redstone signal you have to connect both contacts of slot with detector cable in it to positive and negative battery contacts. You can do it thru external IHL data cable and/or splitter cable in slot. Each slot represent one side of switch box. And i mixed up top and bottom side icons. Not a big deal, nobody knows how and what for to use switch box. :|

• Official Post

First of all, I have no idea if this should work at all. Basically, I'm chaining wires between Junction Boxes with nothing attached, and that works to transfer power. At least it works for the first 6500 EU, then it stops. And it remains broken until I break + replace the middle junction boxes, then it works again for 6500 EU and then breaks again. Any ideas to why this happens?

• Any ideas to why this happens?

Have no idea.
    You can see how i tested your issue in related attachment. Everything works fine for me. BTW currently i'm working on remaking flexible cables technology. Make them craftable from listed materials (obtainable if molten fluids is registered within Forge)

Made uninsulated wires placeable in world and zap living creatures (currently working on special effects). So old cables will be missing. Tell me how much EU was and now in batboxes on your screenshot.

• Official Post

Thinking about it, I do have Aroma's Uncomplication installed for the old E-net, guess that's the reason it's screwing up if it works fine without it?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I was MT scripting your tools to have recipes with different durabilities and to be in different GT tool (ore) dictionaries.

The crash happened when looking at a MT scripted recipe in NEI.

I can include the scripts if you want.

• I can include the scripts if you want.

Yes, i would like to. Its a null pointer exception caused by missing NBT tag in itemstack. I use exactly same NBT tag system for durability as it is in GT5.

different durabilities and to be in different GT tool (ore) dictionaries.

Is reason of such adjustments a high durability of tools from IHL in GT recipes? May be i should decrease it for GT recipes? Or a reason is that my tools somehow make a shortcut in GT tech tree?

• Yes, i would like to. Its a null pointer exception caused by missing NBT tag in itemstack. I use exactly same NBT tag system for durability as it is in GT5.

This is the critical section of the script:
    val IHLGrind = <ihl:item.ihlTool:4>;
    <ore:craftingToolFile>.add(IHLGrind);
    <ore:craftingToolMortar>.add(IHLGrind);

I then in MC Look at a recipe using a file in NEI and it crashes.

Is reason of such adjustments a high durability of tools from IHL in GT recipes?

No, I was mostly just playing around in MT tweaking GT6.

May be i should decrease it for GT recipes? Or a reason is that my tools somehow make a shortcut in GT tech tree?

Not in GT5, that I know of, and It will probably be a while before that can be true in GT6.

However, GT tools can handle being re-tool ODd fine and in the cases of this render bug using actual items, it would probably be nice to not have to restore the world from backup.

On another note the just released GT6.01.00 has in the changelog at "http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/com/gregoriust/gregtech/changelog.txt":
    [API] Restructured the API in a way that probably crashes a lot of compat things of other Mods, that is why the secondary version number finally got bumped. The gregapi.tileentitiy package got a bit too full, so I made subpackages and also renamed some TEs to sort things out properly. I did keep a deprecated Version of ITileEntityEnergy at its old place however, because that one is already too widely used.

• Official Post

After doing some testing with Speiger, we found (at least what looks to be) the reason for Uncomplication breaking the Junction Boxes is that they try and send less than 1 EU to the cable, which the classic e-net rounds down and rejects while the experimental one rounds up and accepts. And because the box still technically has power in, but it can't ever eject it out, it's trapped in a case where it won't request more power but also won't empty out. The most logical fix Speiger came up with was the allow them to accept EU if they have less than 1 EU in, rather than if they've got none at all. Could you do this?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• After doing some testing with Speiger, we found (at least what looks to be) the reason for Uncomplication breaking the Junction Boxes is that they try and send less than 1 EU to the cable, which the classic e-net rounds down and rejects while the experimental one rounds up and accepts. And because the box still technically has power in, but it can't ever eject it out, it's trapped in a case where it won't request more power but also won't empty out. The most logical fix Speiger came up with was the allow them to accept EU if they have less than 1 EU in, rather than if they've got none at all. Could you do this?

Wow, you and Speiger have done a lot of job, thank you. Yes, i can do that.

• Official Post

Awesome thanks.

Although I think with the new cables you've added, you've also broken it adding an ambiguous recipe:

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Everything works now, loving the new flexible cable options too ;)

EDIT: Although, in my old test world, since all the old flexible cables have vanished as their names changed, I've been getting already tesselating crashes sporadically. It could be as I crash into the old wire entities that it's caused, as just flying around high up doesn't seem to trigger it.

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• Official Post

Could you post a crash log?

Nothing points to any mod code, but here you go anyway:

I see this too much.

• This is happened when "Tessellator.instance.startDrawingQuads()" called after "Tessellator.instance.startDrawingQuads()" without calling "Tessellator.instance.draw()" inbetween. Have no idea, why this is happening. I don't think its because of old wire entities. This bug is caused by some custom block renderer, who called "Tessellator.instance.startDrawingQuads()" inside of "renderWorldBlock(...)" function. I did some checks, but couldn't find this mistake in my code.

• Official Post

Don't worry about it, it's only a test world after all.

Also, how do junction boxes decide which cable (out of the ones connected to it) gets power? It seems it chooses one and fills whatever storage that cable has before moving onto the next one rather than splitting the power evenly between all the connected cables.

I see this too much.