Generated blocks vs Player placed blocks

• Hi there. I have a question, for example let's take stone. Does stone generated by the game is different from stone placed by player in any way?

I'm asking because i have noticed when you are un area where many things are built game tends to consume more memory. So i was thinking maybe player placed blocks are different and consume more memory than generated blocks. Building underground base and stumbled upon 3 intersecting ravines, so thinking to get rid of them by filling them with stone using Filler, but now scared as it will have huge amount player placed blocks and maybe could create lag.

• I don't think its the block, but the structures made with them that causes more lag (then again, for me it appears the less blocks there are in a world, the laggier my world gets for some reason...)

• Official Post

Just my opinion (which i may be wrong): That depends if the player (or machine) placed blocks are registered by block logging mods/plugins. Blocks that are naturally generated should not cause more lag. However specialized blocks (tile entities) like machines, pipes, chests will cause the game to consume more resources when used in great quantities.

• Official Post

Worldgen Stone has only one difference from Player placed Stone: Light Updates
    When Worldgen Stone gets placed it doesn't cause a Light Update, Player and especially BC Builder placed Stone however does cause a Light Updates.

And there is no Lag difference in "Stone being naturally there" and "Stone being placed after Worldgen" as soon as you unload and reload the Chunk it is in. Unless you build a Tower to the Sky Limits what effectively adds about 2 Chunks (Size wise, not actual Chunks) to the loaded Area it won't create any Lag. That's why Amplified Terrain is only recommended for "beefy" Computers as that increases used Memory and creates Render Lag (That's why Spawn Areas on Servers usually Lag more than regular Areas on vanilla Servers).

• Thx so much for answers. This little delusion of mine stoped me from doing many cool things. Now i actully can go crazy with Fillers :D Thx again.