Trying to get a taste of how IC1 Nostalgia was like

• I never got a chance to use IC1 back in minecraft beta 1.7.3. Also, I posted here because the IC1 forum was locked.

I want to know:
    How do I install IC1 v8.55 for Beta 1.7.3 as well as Risugami's Modloader using the new Minecraft 1.6 Launcher? I want to showcase what IC1 was like before IC2 took over.

Nayru :love: is the greatest Singer in the known Universe!(Or Multiverse, if you believe in that theory!)
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DRAGON LORD ALBLAKA! I wish she would come back to see how Experimental is doing. :P

• Official Post

How do I install IC1 v8.55 for Beta 1.7.3 as well as Risugami's Modloader using the new Minecraft 1.6 Launcher? I want to showcase what IC1 was like before IC2 took over.

You'll probably need to download the 1.7.3 jar, then add Modloader directly to it. You'd probably also need some JVM flags to make Minecraft ignore the changed/invalid jar.

Closest to IC1 wiki: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/IndustrialCraft%C2%B2

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Back in my days it was "remove Manifest from minecraft.jar".

You have to do that too :P But it's doing that that needs JVM flags for Minecraft to ignore it's lacking.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Tried and with the new 1.6 launcher file structure, Modloader doesn't work. At all. On the plus side however, MultiMC does work, and I've got a beta 1.7.3 IC1 world. It is scary and very hard when everything is similar but different.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Anyone remember this? :D

• Ah, I never really played with mods until Beta 1.6.6, Then I got bored of vanilla. I can't believe it's been about 4 years since I started..

• Tried and with the new 1.6 launcher file structure, Modloader doesn't work. At all. On the plus side however, MultiMC does work, and I've got a beta 1.7.3 IC1 world. It is scary and very hard when everything is similar but different.

the author said about the compatibility before,Modloader for the version before 1.5.2 doesn't compatible to the new launcher

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• Official Post

That's probably why then!

I see this too much.