Lower UU Cost of Surface Materials such as clay, cactus, etc.

• I know the UU System in IC2 Experimental was currently balanced around Quarry yield, but It so seems that currently 2 Diamonds are worth about the same as a single Clay Block.
    Most Quarries aren't designed for surface mining, especially for things like Rubber, Clay, Clay Brick, Hardened Clay, Wood, Cactus, Ice, Packed Ice and Snow.

I propose to lower the cost of most Uncommon Surface Blocks/Items to be roughly around the Price between a Single Lump of Coal and a Single Iron Ingot.
    I'm just finding clay way too expensive as is. Haven't tested the other materials due to scanners taking forever to scan. I don't want to be forced to change the Config of Clay UU cost every time I want to play IC2.

Edit: I'm also finding other "Commonly-used to build with, but super rare if you try to quarry it" blocks being super expensive: Mossy Cobblestone, Red Sand, Melons of both types(Blocks go for 559 or so FULL Buckets of UU, not millibuckets), bookshelves cost 200 FULL Buckets EACH, Podzol/Mycellium and Mossy/Cracked/Chiseled Stone Brick register as Dirt/Regular Stone Brick, Mycellium/Packed Ice/End Stone refuse to register at all, but at least Nether Quartz Blocks are well balanced.

Nayru :love: is the greatest Singer in the known Universe!(Or Multiverse, if you believe in that theory!)
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DRAGON LORD ALBLAKA! I wish she would come back to see how Experimental is doing. :P

Edited once, last by Arron Syaoran ().

• I think the defaults were like about 500-550mb of UU per Clay Block(252.5 or so for 1 Diamond), but i'm not sure since I already changed them to 40.5mb in my configs(same as Hard clay is now, I also changed Brick Block to 38 so that it's cheaper than clay since clay has more uses than clay brick[didn't scan the brick block before changing, but 1 brick item was super expensive before I changed it, about same as clay ball was])

Edit: I'm about to double my config's cost of clay to 81mb per clay block and bricks to 76mb cause oak wood planks were set at 66mb at default.

Nayru :love: is the greatest Singer in the known Universe!(Or Multiverse, if you believe in that theory!)
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DRAGON LORD ALBLAKA! I wish she would come back to see how Experimental is doing. :P

• Official Post

Wait, Milibuckets?
    Shit, I need to install IC2 again. Last time I played it was buckets.

• Clay is renewable? I thought it wasn't?

Edit: If it's supposed to be Buckets and not Millibuckets, then something might have been wrong with my install of IC2 Build 452. All I know is I'm getting 10mB every time the progress bar hits 100% in MassFab, Coal costs 5mB, Diamond is 252.5mB and Clay Block is ~500-550mB. It's also taking 8 scrap to get from 0% to 100%(but still takes like ~30 or 34 or so scrap to make anything decent)

I've also noticed that my 6-Cell, 20MEU MK 1 0 Chamber reactor probably isn't gonna cut it and that I would need more copper/tin/iron/diamond for reactor Components/Chambers/MFSUs if I'm going to do anything with the MassFab. I find the investment quite resource intensive, and expect to get 30-75% of the invested resources(total resource investment in the whole IC2 Exp mod) back within an IRL month of getting the MassFab(provided 10 hours a day everyday playing) from using the MassFab to generate resources. I don't expect to use Quarries of any kind since all IC2 Exp has is the Miner(which gets pretty much all the ore in a 9x9 radius, but not so much scrapping material/cobble)

I always like to compare mods to Vanilla when it comes to balance/benefit/enjoyment. Vanilla is a bit open-ended though when it comes to progression, and might not work as well for multi-tier progression.

• Official Post

Anything is renewable if it can be made with UU ^^

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Clay is not with only IC². Add GT and it becomes.

I usually don't use Gregtech. But I'm thinking about GETTING GREGGED(use just gregtech, FML, IC2Exp and NEI only) once GT comes out for 1.7(or 1.8 if he skips 1.7). I expect to see a Nether void of all Lava, and a Giant Pit down to bedrock below layer 50(provided Gregtech has a Quarry/NetherPump solution aside from EnderTank/BC Quarry)

• Official Post

I usually don't use Gregtech. But I'm thinking about GETTING GREGGED(use just gregtech, FML, IC2Exp and NEI only) once GT comes out for 1.7(or 1.8 if he skips 1.7). I expect to see a Nether void of all Lava, and a Giant Pit down to bedrock below layer 50(provided Gregtech has a Quarry/NetherPump solution aside from EnderTank/BC Quarry)

GT has the advanced pump (and thermal boiler) for your nether lava pumping needs. IC² has the advanced miner for your "quarry" needs.