[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Nuclear Control 2

• The problem is not in my code. It's an IC2 Exp API bug.
    Can somebody push IC2 devs to fix line "energyGeneratorNuclear = Class.forName(getPackage() + ".core.IC2").getDeclaredField("energyGeneratorNuclear");" in ic2.api.reactor.IC2Reactor and create a build for 1.7.2?
    Field IC2.energyGeneratorNuclear is obsolete.
    Or I can do a rude fix in Nuclear Control code...

• The problem is not in my code. It's an IC2 Exp API bug.
    Can somebody push IC2 devs to fix line "energyGeneratorNuclear = Class.forName(getPackage() + ".core.IC2").getDeclaredField("energyGeneratorNuclear");" in ic2.api.reactor.IC2Reactor and create a build for 1.7.2?
    Field IC2.energyGeneratorNuclear is obsolete.
    Or I can do a rude fix in Nuclear Control code...

PM Greg about that.

• Wou

Any issues if we made a wiki for the addon? I'll set it up and everything

I'd consider the FTB wiki to be the official wiki, like how gregtech does it. It doesn't have much or any information though, writing wikis is boring :p.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

That's 1.7.2 though, and IC2's 1.7.10 for nearly 50 builds

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• That's 1.7.2 though, and IC2's 1.7.10 for nearly 50 builds

A lot of mods are still 1.7.2 when my entire list updates ill update to 1.7.10 but 1.7.2 was considered a major build much like 1.6.4 while updates like 1.7.3 and so on were tiny builds they may still be willing to see if they can fix it. till its fixed Nuclear Control is almost usless because i cant do much of anything

• Official Post

A lot of mods are still 1.7.2

Not really

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• One feature i would love to see is a way to add custom sounds to the Alarms so that we can have more then just the two alarms for diffrent functions

• To add new sound you need to unzip mod file, copy your sound file (in alarm-***.ogg format) to assets\nuclearcontrol\sounds\ folder and update file sounds.json with a new line:
    "alarm-***": {"category": "master","sounds": [{"name": "alarm-***","stream": false}]},
    Also you need to add this file to mod config (config\IC2NuclearControl.cfg):
    S:allowedAlarms=default,sci-fi,***

You can zip folder into file again or use it as is (.minecraft\mods\ic2nc-1.7.2-1.7.2.04\mcmod.info)

If it's not usefull I can try to add custom folder in config or mods folder.

• To add new sound you need to unzip mod file, copy your sound file (in alarm-***.ogg format) to assets\nuclearcontrol\sounds\ folder and update file sounds.json with a new line:
    "alarm-***": {"category": "master","sounds": [{"name": "alarm-***","stream": false}]},
    Also you need to add this file to mod config (config\IC2NuclearControl.cfg):

You can zip folder into file again or use it as is (.minecraft\mods\ic2nc-1.7.2-1.7.2.04\mcmod.info)

If it's not usefull I can try to add custom folder in config or mods folder.

Will this work for servers too?

• Yes. But for server part you don't need to add sound file. Because the sounds are not used on server.
    You need only to change config - to add this file to mod config (config\IC2NuclearControl.cfg):

Server sends this information to client to filter allowed sounds (sound names) on client.

• I'll try to reproduce you error. Because I've added a lot of sounds and I don't have any error.
    Another variant is - I can add your sounds as default to mod file.

Maybe i made a mistake somewhere but im pretty sure i got it all correct. (I will attach the jar) what happens is i add the sound and when i pull out the alarm no sounds (not even sci-fi or default) are in the list of alarms and if you try to click the arrows or the selection area you crash.

EDIT: I was stupid had a extra coma laying around in the sounds.json All fixed

Attached is the ic2nc.jar with the added sounds

• Sorry for interrupting, maybe it's just a bug for me, but my game keeps crashing when clicking on the Nuclear Control Tab in the Inventory menu.

I'm using the experimental version for 1.7.10, i know it is unstable, but from what I read it seems that it works for some people. Have a nice day!

• Official Post

It's designed for 1.7.2, so the API changes in 1.7.10 break stuff.

I see this too much.