Using a reed farm for power.

• Why oh why do we even have bio-fuel if its better to just burn the material raw?

I want the fun of building an automatic bio-fuel farm to feed generators and actually have it worth it D:

• You can use EE with IC2 and make cactus turn into wood.
    infinite wood!
    I did it on my world.

Even though I only have like 11x3, I've got like 5 stacks of wood in that chest now (I dont use wood much either)

• Cactus power bases FTW! i made a small, non buildcraft one in IC1. it was more of a proof of concept. (aren't they all?). bio fuel being worse than burning needs to be fixed. ( i think there is a suggestion?)

• It would work if they changed it so that you made the Fuel *first* and then used the Canning machine to put the fuel into cells for use in the Jetpack. Then we could use the straight Biofuel in our Generators without having to use Tin, while still requiring the Tin for using it in the Jetpack.

• Forget the reed/cactus/solar farms to make eu. For cheap efficient power make windgens on top of the world.

Sadly, it ruins the landscape an is a pain to set up :(
    With the recent cheapening of the Solar recipe there's very little reason to use anything else...

• Cells shouldnt just disapear when you use them. They should turn into empty cells that have to be refilled again. That way making bio fuel only requires a investment of tin when you are setting it up. Also bio fuel should be alot more efficient than burning cactus raw more investment = more reward. Ofc cells can be made more expensive if this happens.

Still cactus farm can be quite nice for powering your buildcraft steamengines through making a redstone engine of the same size will produce alot more. My farm was over 50 by 50 blocks and had several floors (5-6 floors or something) and made enough cactus to keep 8 steamengines running. Better use for such huge amounts of cactus is recycling through which we eventualy did. Be sure to use a obsidian and diamond pipe to suck up all those useless items you get from it :). With recylcing you also get a large part back in energy in the form of single use batteries along with tons of diamonds.

• Yeah, on the server i am playing on , i am planning to make a 33x35 cacti farm which will be 20 levels (80 blocks)
    and it will power my recycling / mass fabricating opertation

• Yeah, on the server i am playing on , i am planning to make a 33x35 cacti farm which will be 20 levels (80 blocks)
    and it will power my recycling / mass fabricating opertation

Try have a less levels as possible. Each level of a cactus farm has dimnishing returns because the cactus can fall on a lower level but not in the water.

• automatic cactus farms are actually not as efficent as an automatic reed farm, i've observed that cactus block actually destroys materials when you drop an item onto the cactus block. this also includes cactus that falls into the cactus block after collecting.