Personal Safes do not open any more after Version-Update

• I am currently using Minecraft 1.6.4 (client version) with the following mods:
    forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.953-installer
    industrialcraft-2-2.0.369-experimental.jar
    buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.2.jar
    [1.6.4][code=c][forge]LumberJack

now I've tried to update to Minecraft 1.7.2 (client version) with the
    following mods:
    forge-1.7.2-10.12.2.1147-installer
    industrialcraft-2-2.1.483-experimental
    buildcraft-6.0.16
    [1.7.2]bspkrsCore-universal-6.11
    [1.7.2]Treecapitator-universal-2.0.3.jar

The game starts without issues, but then I've imported my map from the previous version and now I am no longer able to open all personal safes I created. I am getting a post, that "this safe belongs to ..." and gives my players name. I am still using the same account (in fact I only have this one)
    Then I've tried to remove all personal safes in my previous version, imported this map again to the new version and installed one personal safe. I was able to open it once, but then again the same happened and I couldn't open it any more.

Can anyone help me on getting the safes to open again?

-------------------------------
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Sun Java 1.7.0_17 64bit

• Official Post

Are you OP? OPs are meant to be able to open any Safe.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It's the client-game, not server. There is no OP in client-games as far as I know. If there is a OP can you tell me how to check and maybe change this?

• Official Post

Try opening it as a LAN server and enabling cheats.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• It's the client-game, not server. There is no OP in client-games as far as I know. If there is a OP can you tell me how to check and maybe change this?

Every game is now a server game since Minecraft 1.3, so there are OPs, and they are people with the cheats functionality.

• Any way, it should work. The true question is: why doesn't his/her personal safe open?

• Official Post

It might be that they use player UU IDs rather than names. But not sure if they did or not in 1.7.2

I see this too much.

• found some time to test the above:
    when opening the game to LAN, i am able to open the chests again, but when leaving the LAN-mode, I am not able again. Also I've tried setting up the game without a dos-batchfile (which I used to redirect the %appdata% variable.
    the tipp about the changed player-id sounds legit to me. Any idea how to update my map?

• Official Post

when opening the game to LAN, i am able to open the chests again

Empty them in LAN mode then, and break them all. Stop LAN mode and then replace them all.

I see this too much.

• i did similar: i emtied them in my older version, then broke them, imported the map and put one safe. I was able to access it once, but then again the same problem :(

• Official Post

Enable cheats in the world I think is the equivalent.

I see this too much.

• ok did another test - maybe this will sort it out: i created a new world in 1.7.2 and set a personal safe. Again, I was only able to access it once, then the error happened ... maybe there is some kind of a bug. I'll try out the newer version now

• ok, tried it with Minecraft 1.7.10 and industrialcraft-2-2.2.499-experimental and finally it worked. But as buildcraft is not yet available for 1.7.10 i'll have to wait for this release.

Thanks to all for your help.

• why are you using personal safes in SP anyway?
    for the explosion protection? if so, go pickup Iron chest mod, you'll get a chest with 108 slots that is Nuke proof.

• why are you using personal safes in SP anyway?
    for the explosion protection? if so, go pickup Iron chest mod, you'll get a chest with 108 slots that is Nuke proof.

No it's because of double the capacity of a normal chest and they can be put directly sidebyside and one above the other.