Suggestion: Marble

• I am not 100% sure on the proper implantation of the idea, but I was thinking something like this...

1. Either add natural occurring marble to the world that can be mined
    or
    2. And I like this one better, allow us to compress limestone in the compressor to create marble.

With the 2nd idea it would also add some use for limestone :)

Basically marble would be a block used mostly for building and aesthetic purposes.

Once you obtain marble you could add black dye to it to create black marble (optional of course)

The crafting recipes that I had in mind for marble are as follows:

M = Marble
    - = Empty Space

-M-
    -M-
    -M- = Marble column, cylindrical column, optionally with some carving textures, can be stacked vertically.

- - -
    - M -
    MMM = Marble column base

MMM
    - M -
    - - - = Marble column top

M - -
    M M -
    M M M = marble staircase

Additionally, it could even be used for creating beacons.
    M = Marble
    C = copper cable

M C M
    M C M
    M C M = marble with cable running through it (coudlnt think of a name).

Stack the marble vertically and it would be able to transmit power to a light source (such as luminator) on the top, thus adding possibility of beacon or a lighthouse, whatever you want it to be :)

• I've always loved asthetic blocks, and wouldn't mind some in ic2. I assume you mean sandstone, not limestone?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• There are different stone mods, as well as various texture packs to facilitate your need for marble. I don't want to sound like a stickler, but this is Industrialcraft. Try to keep the suggestions more related to what the mod is geared for; using vast amounts of resources to produce a few specialized things.

I assume you mean sandstone, not limestone?

Also, what he said.

• Official Post

Although I like the idea. I'm also with the thinking that this isn't a very industrial type item.

Metal grates for floor panels that you can see your wiring underneath on the other hand would be awesome. We already have the iron fences for railing. Would give it that proper factory feel. :)

• Yea I meant sandstone, not limestone, sorry.
    Also, its not very industrial craft oriented, I agree, but as I suggested it can be tied into industrial craft machines and add use for sandstone.

• Although I like the idea. I'm also with the thinking that this isn't a very industrial type item.

Metal grates for floor panels that you can see your wiring underneath on the other hand would be awesome. We already have the iron fences for railing. Would give it that proper factory feel. :)

seconded, that would be awesome, watching your underground BC piping as well.

• I'd be happy with a modern looking block that isnt smoothstone or the expensive iron blocks. Maybe corrugated tin siding and metal plates.