How the new reactor work?

• How the new Build #504 nuclear reactor works?How I can build it?I am accomplished to the old ones, can somebody help me please?

• build the old reactor, encase it in a 5x5 hollow block of reactor vessel, with a redstone port, an access hatch, and a liquid port.

• Official Post

Then when you have your reactor set up, fill the gui (on the hatch) with coolant. Apply a redstone signal to the redstone port and the reactor will output hot coolant. Take this and either can it (and put into heat exchanger), or place a heat exchanger next to the fluid port and put a fluid upgrade thingy in the direction of the heat exchanger inside the fluid port. Then hook a sterling engine (the two copper bits need to be facing eachother) up to the heat exchanger.

• Official Post

Fluid enrich mode in a canning machine. Pump water into the tank and put lapis dust in the middle slot.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Does anyone have a video or a couple of pictures they can post of how this works? I tried building the setup as described below but the hatch doesn't appear to be working. I'm on the experimental version of IC2 for 1.7.10 so was this posted only for 1.7.2? or is it working only in certain versions of the experimental right now? Any additional information would be great on this.

Thanks

EDIT: ok so I didn't realize I had to have a full reactor with all six chambers. I had been just running the reactor with a small setup. So, my new questions after playing with this are:
    1.) is there any way to pump coolant in other than in cells? and if not;
    2.) is there any way to pump out the cells only? we have a system setup that drops new coolant cells in but i can't pump the empties out... instead it pumps out the uranium and such... i'd prefer something a little more automated if possible.

Edited once, last by fownde: Update on finding ().

• Does anyone have a video or a couple of pictures they can post of how this works? I tried building the setup as described below but the hatch doesn't appear to be working. I'm on the experimental version of IC2 for 1.7.10 so was this posted only for 1.7.2? or is it working only in certain versions of the experimental right now? Any additional information would be great on this.

Thanks

EDIT: ok so I didn't realize I had to have a full reactor with all six chambers. I had been just running the reactor with a small setup. So, my new questions after playing with this are:
    1.) is there any way to pump coolant in other than in cells? and if not;
    2.) is there any way to pump out the cells only? we have a system setup that drops new coolant cells in but i can't pump the empties out... instead it pumps out the uranium and such... i'd prefer something a little more automated if possible.

1: yes, 2 fluid ports (one cold coolant in one hot coolant out) + liquid transport mod. i use extra utilities because of its immense flow rate if properly configured and upgraded (well over 8000mb/t) and good reactors need immense flow rates, although for the usual badly configured pissant little 1 efficency mark 1 reactors people love to make something like buildcraft or tubes mod might work, ic2 has its own fluid transport methods now but they are very clumsy, resource heavy, and honestly not worth using at all

2: if you are going the cell route, USE FILTERS ON YOUR OUTPUT all item transport mods worth installing have this feature hopefully fully configurable whitelist/blacklist like AE2 or Extrautilties. connecting a non filtered item extraction to a reactor is just asking for trouble (read: huge basewreaking explosions), with the right fitlersetup you can automate refueling too,

3: learn to forum please. dont necro 2 month old threads with an innane and easily answered question. if you had read the nuclear engineering subforum and looked at a couple of threads you would have your answers much earlier than me replying.

self determination requires forthright self reliance.

self determination requires forthright self reliance.

• 1: yes, 2 fluid ports (one cold coolant in one hot coolant out) + liquid transport mod. i use extra utilities because of its immense flow rate if properly configured and upgraded (well over 8000mb/t) and good reactors need immense flow rates, although for the usual badly configured pissant little 1 efficency mark 1 reactors people love to make something like buildcraft or tubes mod might work, ic2 has its own fluid transport methods now but they are very clumsy, resource heavy, and honestly not worth using at all

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try out some of these mods. I've never really liked how slow build craft tubes are so it's good to know there are a lot better ones.

3: learn to forum please. dont necro 2 month old threads with an innane and easily answered question. if you had read the nuclear engineering subforum and looked at a couple of threads you would have your answers much earlier than me replying.

Sorry about necroing the forum. I had done a bit of searching and it was late and I just replied to the first i found... I'll do a better job searching next time. That said, thank you for taking the time to answer me.