[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Iridium Mod v0.8 - Adds iridium ore to the world generation

• Hey, I am DevilDead, a new minecraft modder/JAVA programmer (I am a noob, don't forget that, I am trying to learn java, so I will have noob questions sometimes).
    Here is my first mod (Addon) : Iridium Mod.

I have set a modpack for 1.7.10 (for my friends and me) and they was complaining because there were no iridium generation.
    So I add it to the overworld and the dimension 6 (mining world from aroma1997).

What you can do(outdated, check the changelog for the new route):
    -Mine it: it will return the iridium ore block
    -Put it in a furnace: it will return one iridium ore from IC2
    -Put it in a macerator: it will return 2 iridium dust
    -Put it in a furnace: 1 dust will make 1 iridium ore

This can seem a little bit too much easy for you and that's why I ask you how I can make it harder, what would I change or add in the mod ? Don't forget that the goal is to have an easier way to have iridium than in the original industrial craft 2 mod.

Screens:

Changelog:

Download Link(works on 1.7.2 and 1.7.10) :
    1.7.*-0.8
    Old Downloads:

Permissions :

Don't forget to give me your suggestions !

• Not too bad for a first mod, something that some people might actually like and use. Thumbs up.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Is this only for 1.7.2?
    I probably think too far, but if that would be feasible with Tekkit? xD
    But otherwise it's real a cool mod :D

The mod has been developed in 1.7.2 but works properly on 1.7.10(I tested it).
    For tekkit, you should give it a try, since it is a really simple mod there should be no problem, if there is: give the log.

• How about adding crushed ore, and purified ore(ore washer), and finally going to iridium dust(thermal centrifuge)
    Also, how about iridium ingots??

• As Mateeus1208 said, my suggestion would be to enable the ore washer and centrifuge road like with normal ores.

Macerator: Iridium Ore Block -> Crushed Iridium Ore
    Ore Washer: Crushed Iridium Ore -> Purified Iridium Ore + Tiny pile of Diamond Dust
    Thermal Centrifuge: Purified Iridium Ore -> Iridium Ore + Tiny pile of Diamond Dust

just as a quick example. One could then add 4 or 9 Tiny pile of Diamond dust to create 1 Diamond dust

• As Mateeus1208 said, my suggestion would be to enable the ore washer and centrifuge road like with normal ores.

Ore Washer: Crushed Iridium Ore -> Purified Iridium Ore + Tiny pile of Diamond Dust
    Thermal Centrifuge: Purified Iridium Ore -> Iridium Ore + Tiny pile of Diamond Dust

just as a quick example. One could then add 4 or 9 Tiny pile of Diamond dust to create 1 Diamond dust

that would be good then

I'll work on that right now, but I don't when it will be ready for testing since I am missing all the textures ... I can't make them because I am really not good at that, so I need help for the textures. I don't know what it will be for now ...
    Thank you for the idea ^^

• Version 0.5 with all the Macerator/Ore Washer/Thermal Centrifuge route is almost finished now I need some textures: Crushed Iridium, Purified Crushed Iridium, Tiny Pile of Diamond Dust and a simple brick (like an ingot) of Stone.

• How about picking the crushed/purified textures from ores and recoloring it?
    9 piles of diamond dust=Diamond Dust
    About the ''simple brick of stone'', keep it as stone dust(that exists in regular IC2)
    And a question:What is the mining level required to mine iridium?What is the minimum Y and the maximum Y of Iridium ore?What is the spawn rate of it?

• Thanks !

But now it is good for testing, there are bugs...
    the two recipes with the Ore Washer and the Thermal Centrifuge are not working:
    - Ore washer don't do anything (only with my Crushed Iridium)

Code
    Recipes.oreWashing.addRecipe(new RecipeInputItemStack(new ItemStack(crushedIridium, 1)), null, new ItemStack(purifiedCrushedIridium, 1, 0), new ItemStack(tinyDiamondDust, 2, 0), IC2Items.getItem("stoneDust"));

- Thermal Centrifuge crash the game (only with my Purified Crushed Iridium)

EDIT : Solved solution as been said by GregoriusT just after this post, thanks

• @"Mine it (same as diamond)". Do you mean that it requires an iron pick or better (like the Diamond ore)?

You see, when you open new doors, there is a price to pay. Now imagine... tonight, you look under your bed, and, lo and behold, you find a monster! And you're immediately eaten. Now, if you hadn't looked for the monster, you wouldn't have found it and you'd still be happy in your beds, instead of being slowly digested in the stomach sack of the creature. But, with any luck, your sister or your brothers might have heard your screams, and your endeavor will serve as a valuable lesson to them.

• That's exactly what I meant ^^

I think you should make it require a diamond pick or equal (like obsidian) because it's such a special ore.

You see, when you open new doors, there is a price to pay. Now imagine... tonight, you look under your bed, and, lo and behold, you find a monster! And you're immediately eaten. Now, if you hadn't looked for the monster, you wouldn't have found it and you'd still be happy in your beds, instead of being slowly digested in the stomach sack of the creature. But, with any luck, your sister or your brothers might have heard your screams, and your endeavor will serve as a valuable lesson to them.

• And apparently rare.

Remember, iridium ore is only found in dungeon chests!

I'll see for the diamond pick, it is a good idea.
    For the rarity, the goal of this mod is to make the iridium easier to find, it is not only in dungeon chests but it be found in the world generation such as any other ores.