new cutter machine looks a bit stupid in current implementation

• Ore to dust
    Dust to ingots
    Ingots to plates

vs

Ore to dust
    Dust to ingots
    Ingots to blocks (autobench required or manual work)
    Blocks to plates

5 plates bonus is obvious bug and will be fixed

Personally i just can't see any reason for cutter to exists at all, there is no valid application currently present and there is virtually no task left not covered by other machines.

suggestion to remove cutter at all

• Official Post

Yeah 1 Block = 9 Plates, that should be the proper amount since 9 Ingots/Lapis = 1 Block and 1 Lapis/Ingot = 1 Plate. Everything else would be unbalanced and not OreDict compatible.

I think there is still a Compressor Recipe for 9 Lapis to 1 Lapis Block, which I added for convenience, this could be used to save on Metal Forming Energy Costs if the Cutter is cheap enough.

But the Cutter can indeed have a real Purpose, like for example cutting Logs inot Planks without having to use an Autocrafter (I hate using Autocrafters, I always try to make Machines and Recipes to avoid them)

• Official Post

But the Cutter can indeed have a real Purpose, like for example cutting Logs inot Planks without having to use an Autocrafter (I hate using Autocrafters, I always try to make Machines and Recipes to avoid them)

Hate to ruin it, but the wood recipe has been removed. There really should be a sawmill or something along those lines.

Yeah 1 Block = 9 Plates, that should be the proper amount since 9 Ingots/Lapis = 1 Block and 1 Lapis/Ingot = 1 Plate. Everything else would be unbalanced and not OreDict compatible.

Nope, 1 Block = 12 Plates, but 1 plate macerated = 6 tiny piles of dust.

I think there is still a Compressor Recipe for 9 Lapis to 1 Lapis Block, which I added for convenience, this could be used to save on Metal Forming Energy Costs if the Cutter is cheap enough.

There isn't.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Making Plates cheaper that way is indeed broken. You cannot change those Values, they are natural constants which will break balance otherwise.

Instead you should make somonething like those Item Casings as replacement for Plates in Recipes, if you really want to make things even cheaper than they are (what is a stupid Idea). Remember, Iron is frikking cheap. we dont need to have it even more overpowered.

And conversions between Dust, Ingot, Plate and Gem are all a 1:1 Ratio as defined per OreDict.