• Official Post

The one thing that bugs me from using a sole IC2 power grid is the fact that there is no good way to get more out of your wood. IC2 should add a Sawmill which could cut wood logs into more planks, make more sticks per wood plank and break some wooden things down back into planks, like doors or trapdoors back into 6 and 3 planks respectively.

I also came up with an idea for an upgrade which would let a machine emit power from a chosen side (similar to the ejector upgrades), so that they could go in the middle of power lines, meaning things like electric heat generators wouldn't have to stick out, but could go in line with cables :)

What would be also cool if there was a way of making a cable not connect to a machine, so when explosions come back, your close wiring doesn't have to be changed just to go around a machine.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• I like the idea of IC2 being a far less daunting GT (funny how that works out with GT still being an addon), smaller, yet with most of the functionality. This would mean more machines and ways to transport items, and such. I agree with Choco and the sawmill... but it would be nice if it were a multiblock- not just any boring prism multiblock but a unique mill-like multiblock. Or a process that requires many machines, so users make their own multiblock essentially.

• Official Post

It used to, but Thunderdark removed it saying it didn't fit in or something like that. And a separate sawmill machine would justify things like cutting doors back down into planks too.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• If added I'd like to have it be powered by kU, also some basic kU transmission system.

I had an idea for kU transportation: Metal rods and gearboxes, similar to the axles from Better Than Wolves. Maybe the metal rods could just be those almost useless iron fences, and they change shape when connected to a gear box

Now you see me, now you don't...

• There are already Iron Shafts (Extruding Block of Iron) which are used for some kinetic machines. It would be interesting if one could place them and place other kinetic machines in the same row. like I have 2 sets of double turbines and i connect them with iron shafts and then i connect all that to one kinetic generator.

Like this:
    :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Cable: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Cable: :Generator:
    With cables being iron shafts and wind mills being steam turbines

• I had an idea for kU transportation: Metal rods and gearboxes, similar to the axles from Better Than Wolves. Maybe the metal rods could just be those almost useless iron fences, and they change shape when connected to a gear box

Um , RotaryCraft anyone?

RoC already has the shaft power idea very fleshed out AND quite
    a lot of converters for other energy systems.

• My idea was to have only one axis and everything would have to be in line with that. so multiple turbines and then one kinetic generator in one line connected by something like iron shafts

• Instead of axels and gearboxes, we could do hydraulics or pneumatics, though they aren't original either. They are simpler though.

• let's stick to the mechanics that already are in IC2 exp. they added heat and kU, i think they won't add another system for power transport. having a line of turbines is realistic so that would make sense and it would be easy to implement compared to several new items, blocks and a now API

• why kU? it makes more sense for EU and just say its an elec motor as it would be IRL.
    unless you go back to steam powered saw mills, then it'd be kU. belt transmission btw.

• why kU? it makes more sense for EU and just say its an elec motor as it would be IRL.
    unless you go back to steam powered saw mills, then it'd be kU. belt transmission btw.

Or allow both?

And a standard furnace (not blast) that runs on hU would be cool too.

Macerators running on kU would make sense too.

• Official Post

And a standard furnace (not blast) that runs on hU would be cool too.

It would be hot actually :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Letting the iron furnace accept heat would actually be really cool, since very few people actually make it other than when making generators. It would be a bit like Factorization's furnace heater letting you use it's power to run vanilla furnaces.
    If we had kinetic macerators, we'd really need hand cranks to power them, so you could end up with slow, yet early game maceration.

I see this too much.

• Letting the iron furnace accept heat would actually be really cool, since very few people actually make it other than when making generators. It would be a bit like Factorization's furnace heater letting you use it's power to run vanilla furnaces.
    If we had kinetic macerators, we'd really need hand cranks to power them, so you could end up with slow, yet early game maceration.

Or we could use a similar concept to Sync and get animals to do it for you.

• Official Post

Or we could use a similar concept to Sync and get animals to do it for you.

That'd be even better :thumbup: +1

I see this too much.