[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Maybe support isn't the correct word, i just want it to work with cauldron as Player said some time ago:

I'd second this, actually. I don't mind if the benefit is reduced; I love what it does for the performance of my client, and wish I could get even some of the same optimizations on my server. That said, I understand the difficulty of doing so at this point. Those of us who run plugin-enabled servers are a bit between a rock and a hard place until Sponge is ready for use, at this point.

• i just registered to this forums just to say i love you!
    my game used to lag to 9 fps!
    with this mod on i never go down from 40 and thats at max pressure for world gen INSANE!

• Player,

I just registered to say thanks so much for this mod. I'm running the DW20 1.0.3 mod pack with FTB launcher on my Hackintosh in single player mode. With an I7-3770k,16GB of ram and 650Ti graphics the machine should easily run everything. Before installing your mod I was hovering around 30 FPS and getting lag spikes where the game would randomly freeze for 2-15 seconds. Now it's super smooth with no lag spikes and FPS rarely dips below 50 FPS.

I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff so I have no clue what fast craft does under the hood, but it made a huge difference in my situation.

Keep up the good work!

• you arent the only person who gets that lag, i have an I7-3770K 16GB of Ram and a GTX 770 4GB and im still getting lag on that pack (so my brother says because i have yet to play it)

• I have noticed the with chunk lag has returned. I am sure I have the terminology wrong. I am referring to the lag where the chunk is just a transparent hole in the ground or there is a giant hole in the world that you cannot cross through. I am running the latest Fastcraft 1.12 using Forge #1277 for 1.7.10. At first I thought it could be one of the plethora of mods I have installed so I pulled all of the mods out of the game except Forge and Fastcraft and the issue still occurred. So as an opposite test I put all of the mods back and removed Fastcraft. Then I generated a new world and the issue was non existent. The world I generated was using the Biomes O plenty generator.

Any idea what causes this or could this possibly be a bug in Fastcraft?

Basic info;

Running Minecraft 1.7.10 with Forge #1277
    Standard MC resource pack (Default textures)
    NO OPTIFINE, NO GLSL, Default game renderer
    Java 8 Update #25 64-bit (JDK version, if it matters)
    Windows 7 64-bit
    6Gb of RAM allocated (I normally run Sphax 256x)

I can provide more information later, I am currently at work. I am not sure what other information would be needed though.

• I have ran into both scenarios, the first being the large black stripe of chunks that you cannot pass through. However most of the chunk lag that I see is where the chunks are populating say 1 or 2 chunks in from of me but seem to fully functional and eventually render.

If it would help I could record a video of it and post on youtube or something so you could see what I mean.

• First off, I love what you are doing with this mod! Excellent improvement to the word generation issues in 1.7, do you have any plans to waive your restriction on modpacks as the mod is in a relatively stable state at this point? If not, is there a specific reason why? I'm just wondering, thank you.

• I'm also genuinely curious about this restriction.

Its not a bother at all; I'm happy to go download it, but I'm very curious about the reasoning. I'm guessing the mod "does something" that would itself make it non-distributable.

• Official Post

It was always that updates to fix problems were coming very quickly, so modpacks could end up with old versions which still had the bugs I think.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It was always that updates to fix problems were coming very quickly, so modpacks could end up with old versions which still had the bugs I think.

Good enough for me :)

• I'm not concerned for myself, I can install the mod easily. But for less experienced users on older computers this mod does wonders and it's nothing but frustrating to see such a restriction put in place. Player, if you're reading this please reconsider your decision. I have nothing but respect for you and your mod but this restriction is effectively removing this mod from a large section of the community that would appreciate it and doesn't even know of its existence.

Mopdpacks for 1.7.10 are far better with this mod installed and I'm sad to see that not possible for the public.

• Official Post

I'm also genuinely curious about this restriction.

Its not a bother at all; I'm happy to go download it, but I'm very curious about the reasoning. I'm guessing the mod "does something" that would itself make it non-distributable.

Along what choco said, it is to avoid unexperienced users (aka your average user that have little to no idea how to deal with mods themselves) use fastcraft.
    Reasons include inability to proper report bugs, the magi-hackish nature of this mod, the very likelyness of something going wrong for apparently no reason and the great chance of conflict with other mods (see shaders, HD resource packs and other fancy rendering stuff)