[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Player,
    I checked back in the thread a few pages but didn't see anything relevant.

I understand it's recently been discovered that the reason jungles, redwood forests and other biomes with lots of large trees are so laggy in Minecraft is because Minecraft is doing light level checks for every individual leaf block of every tree, frequently resulting in thousands of light-level checks per second being performed. Does this fall into the class of coding stupidities that Fastcraft could perhaps fix?

• So yeh, subjectively speaking after using the 1.18 since release now I feel there is quiet a bit more stuttering/lag (even in an overworld with not many chunks discovered and no machines at all) which appeared a lot smoother before.

There appears to be quiet a bit of spiking even with optifine/smooth setting. I get the feeling both are not playing well together although leaving either one out appears to be no option...

But could be the giant redwood tree sitting within visual range of my overworld spawn area.

• Official Post

I did feel that the game had slowed updating from 1.17 to 1.18, I went back to 1.17 and it seems fine really.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You said in the description that any form of redistribution is strictly forbidden. But is there an way to include it in my modpack or if not, will we (modpack authors) ever be allowed to include it in a modpack?

Tomson

• I upgraded my local dedicated server from 1.16 to 1.18 and this happened upon entering the Twilight Forest portal: http://pastebin.com/trU1QQHY

I switched back to 1.16 immediately after the crash and all is working again... If you need/want any further info lemme know. (This was 2 days ago, posting this slipped my mind after I switched back and it was working again)

• For me, Fastcraft 1.18 seems to be the same as 1.17, performance wise. Chunk generation seems dramatically improved in both versions. This mod is definitely invaluable when playing modded 1.7.10.

• No, Like I said, it is very subjective.. More like a feeling.. I didn't run 1.17 for very long because it crashed my server. Haven't had a crash with 1.18 and playing with it for a few days now I cannot say it runs worse than 1.16..

Fastcraft is an essential part of my modpack now. That and optifine ofc because without optifine I wouldn't even be playing modded MC.

BTW.. these forums are a bit borked.. keeps on showing 0 post count.. LOL.

• Official Post

Managed to get a crash, while loading a world up, relating to Fastcraft and REI's Minimap:

The game didn't crash, but it needed a re-start before REI's Minimap would show up again.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Player,

One of my pack users is crashing with 1.18. Removing it stops the crashing. I don't have the crash report yet but will let you know when I get a hold of it. Also, should I tell the user to re-install 1.18 and use that system property flag you gave me?

• Does anybody have problems with fastcraft 1.16 and opencomputers robots? Because I've got some ConcurrentModificationException and destroyed robots on my server.

• Hey guys,

this is a bit off topic, but since most of you guys are here because of performance optimizations I thought I'd post here as well...
    And it may also interest Player. Maybe you could have a look at it and give your opinion?

Check this out: http://mods.stjerncraft.com/tickdynamic/

I've been running it for two days now in tandem with fastcraft without any issues. On the contrary my tick rate is exceptionally good.

Sorry for derailing the thread, back to topic of Fastcraft being the best thing since yoga pants.

• This sounds interesting. I will try it too.

• S

This sounds interesting. I will try it too.

Sounds intersting although I cannot undestand why he would make it #forge 1230 compatible since this version is ancient.

Not sure if I should be using this.. Alpha version, patching forge classes (and since I'm running #1286 of forge no telling what it will corrupt or do).

>> edit.. well decided to give it a go on my local server anyway..

It appears to do a pretty good job... It almost got rid of the every 1 or 2 second lag spikes I've been hunting for days (with no success)...

Flying around and moving around does feel smoother.

Oh and sorry if it is inappropriate for me to post this in Player's thread.. If so I'll gladly remove my post.