[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Some people on my server have been having this issue for the past while now(and past few versions). Hoping there's a fix (or will be)

Any thoughts?

• Official Post

Run your game with -Dfastcraft.debug.fwel and FastCraft will try to catch the mod causing this. It's some sort of asynchronous world access by another mod, which isn't correct without proper synchronization. The detection unfortunately causes some implicit synchronization, which will make this happen much less often.

My #1 suspect with any multi threaded access issue on the client is any sort of mini map mod.

• my game continues to crash any ideas?? :)

• Just wanna say that this mod is a godsend! Thanks so much for the hard work! After trying to get rid of the fucking stutter I have had for months in minecraft this mod did it. Here are 3 comparisons of frametimes in the material energy 4 mod pack. (all taken with the same path capped at 80 fps)
    Comparison of stock mod, just OptiFine, and just Fastcraft http://imgur.com/a/1uPjG

• Funnily enough, using the java arg stopped the person crashing in that spot all together. For some reason I'd not been crashing there myself. But his pc is kinda old and under powered for the mod pack. It was happening in my friends pink house. Mostly her garage. Maybe mc was just angry about all the pink (jk)

• Official Post

string5: You are using some old FastCraft version. It's very important to keep it updated.

MysticAura: As I indicated earlier this is unfortunately a typical side effect of the detection adding a little extra time delay and/or cache coherence to do its job, while will also help the offending asynchronous access, making it hard to catch. There's a chance it'll still happen, but it'll then generate a log pointing to the source.

HanakoCZ: Some of the base edits from bukkit-like projects like Cauldron aren't supported atm.

Mierzen: FastCraft just happens to be on the call stack for detection purposes, the real cause is something else, presumably something causing off-thread chunk decoration or trashing the state of the biome decorators in another way. FastCraft also does nothing to influence FMP that way...

• Official Post

Just wanna say that this mod is a godsend! Thanks so much for the hard work! After trying to get rid of the fucking stutter I have had for months in minecraft this mod did it. Here are 3 comparisons of frametimes in the material energy 4 mod pack. (all taken with the same path capped at 80 fps)
    Comparison of stock mod, just OptiFine, and just Fastcraft http://imgur.com/a/1uPjG

Hmm fancy graphs :)

Don't be surprised if a tool of mine generates something similar for frame and tick times in the future.

• Hey Player,

I just wanted to let you know that we've included Fastcraft as part of our modpack SmeggCraft: The Multiverse, which is available on the FTB launcher via the 3rd Party tab with the code: smeggcraft.
    I'm including a section at the beginning of the modpack description entailing the notices you wanted us to convey, along with instructions on how to disable and update it manually.
    Thanks for all the hard work on this. Most people were adding it manually to the pack, and I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make it easier for them to use it out of the box and keep it updated.

Thanks again!

-smegghed
    twitch.tv/smeggco

• Thank you for the excellent mod!

I am notifying that FastCraft will be included with the public release of my modpack : The Ferret Business on the FTB Launcher, following all the appropriate terms listed under Redistribution.

Again, thank you!
    -Caigan

• Dear Player
    I'd like to use your amazing mod in my modpack UntilTheEnd. It can easily be disabled or upgraded manually using the the launcher for my pack.

• I'm getting this crash constantly: