[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Hello Player,
    I have read the redistribution permissions
    My modpacks will be avalible by the FTB Launcher/Curse Client/Curse Voice/ATLauncher
    I hope you are all in good health,
    MrTest

• Hello player

Recently, the curse launcher has allowed for third party packs to be distributed.

They have a system for allowing mods not on curseforge, but unfortunately fastcraft is apparently not on the list of approved mods due to having very specific distribution instructions.

More info here: http://authors.curseforge.com/…ecraft-modpack-submission

If you want you can add "Curse for Minecraft client distribution is allowed" to your topic and it will be added to the list, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with curse or ftb or whatever, I am just a person who would want to potentially include fastcraft in a modpack on the curse launcher.

Edit: Here is curse's explanation of why they can't allow it with your current terms: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedth…t_hyped/cq8fp22?context=3

• Official Post

Looking at the Curse third party list, it is filled with IC2 addons (including Gregtech), but IC2 itself isn't on the list, meaning any Gregtech pack would be rejected, unless you specifically flagged up IC2's modpack policy. And the Curse people read it, which is an entirely different matter.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Looking at the Curse third party list, it is filled with IC2 addons (including Gregtech), but IC2 itself isn't on the list, meaning any Gregtech pack would be rejected, unless you specifically flagged up IC2's modpack policy. And the Curse people read it, which is an entirely different matter.

Here is what they said regarding IC2: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedth…ped/cq8iucu?context=10000

Apparently that needs approval by player as well.

• Hello Player

I have read the redistribution permissions you have provided.

We would like to use Fastcraft in MadPack 2 and the upcoming MadPack 3 ( http://www.atlauncher.com/pack/themadpack ) (I have changed the description of the pack, the site have just not updated yet)

Thank you for making 1.7.10 much more playable :)

- Kehaan

• Official Post

Their reasoning is weak, Curse could just pull the FC jar from the repositories 3 weeks after a new release is out. Only mod packs not following the license properly would run into issues. One may note that they have to do likewise if a CurseForge project is being deleted.

In general FC's redistribution terms apply to everyone and I don't have plans to change them atm.

• Official Post

Hi Player! I have a problem, game likes to crash when i have any kind of chunk loader active, and the only chunk loading altering mod i have is fastcraft... can you help me with this? Here's a crash report: http://pastebin.com/qukdSrYz

It actually isn't chunk loading related, the issue may happen if something starts drawing (generating/rendering geometry), but doesn't finish. I'd first look at ae2 whether it's at fault, but it's quite possible that whatever happened to be rendered before left the rendering system in an invalid/unfinished state. An involvement of FastCraft is unlikely.

• Their reasoning is weak, Curse could just pull the FC jar from the repositories 3 weeks after a new release is out. Only mod packs not following the license properly would run into issues. One may note that they have to do likewise if a CurseForge project is being deleted.

In general FC's redistribution terms apply to everyone and I don't have plans to change them atm.

hmmm would it not be easier to just go to: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects set up the mod there, and "I think" you can set it up to just pull from the repository, although maybe the Cofh team just updates each file themselves, but ive always thought they had some automatic way of doing it.. Then when there is a new version, on curse forge itself, if it is in an modpack, it will display an option to update it if the user wants to..

• It actually isn't chunk loading related, the issue may happen if something starts drawing (generating/rendering geometry), but doesn't finish. I'd first look at ae2 whether it's at fault, but it's quite possible that whatever happened to be rendered before left the rendering system in an invalid/unfinished state. An involvement of FastCraft is unlikely.

Oh, ok ty for reply!

• Hello, Player.

I am the current maintainer of Wanderlust Reloaded, and I wanted to inform you that I am including Fastcraft in the aforementioned modpack. Thanks!

• I seem to be having a problem with fastcraft, whenever I start the server this shows up

I would like to point out I also have forge essentials(newest build, 490) installed, as well as the newest version of fastcraft, 1.21

I have already tried to edit the java arguments, here is the .bat i use to start my server

title run-minecraft
    java -server -d64 -Xms2048M -Xmx4056M -Dfastcraft.asm.permissive -jar minecraft_server.jar
    pause

Also, not sure why there is a second spoiler

• Hi Player

Just to let you know, I am including FastCraft in my FTB modpack, PeplzWorld.

Thank you.

P.S. FastCraft really helps performance on my 4 year old machine.

• Okay so, first off LOVE this mod like before i had pretty unstable fps but, now its more stable. However I noticed something very interesting in this mod that i didn't realize until i looked closely. The animations (which had been disabled completely before and after this mod was installed) were on for some textures and items. Well actually all textures and items for me. I noticed it was this mod because without this mod I wouldn't have that on and nothing would move giving me at least 50 fps maybe but, this mod has it on and it makes me go down to 20-25 and it worries me but if I could turn off the animations, I would run 100% better. So I believe this mod will go places but, I would like to note that issue. (If it is an issue)

• I'm having an issue in the latest release of Resonant Rise 3 concerning FastCraft (and AppleCore), where the client crashes with both enabled. I already posted a report on the Resonant Rise forums but that didn't help much. What they did tell me is this:

Well, the error shows that AppleCore fails to find some basic Minecraft class to do runtime modifications.
    I'd say this is caused by FastCraft applying it's changes to that class that make it different from what
    AppleCore expects.

Here is a pastebin of the ATLauncher log: http://pastebin.com/5TfYfFnW

When I remove FastCraft from the pack, the client does load, which leads me to believe that it's a FastCraft issue, not an AppleCore issue But I could be wrong, of course.

• Official Post

Dementeg: Turn monitorBiomeDecorators off in your config, it's for debugging only.

Neoconker12: Disabling animations is no vanilla feature, you are doing it through some other mod, which doesn't do it in a way that's compatible with FastCraft. I've added a setting to do the same for the next version.

alexjuuhh: Not my fault, looks like some side effect of class loading from transformers. The actual issue is missing from the log, try running with -Dlegacy.debugClassLoading=true to get more information.