[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

Thanks, this is some very interesting data. I wonder why Fastcraft reduces the framerate (compared to vanilla I think?), which would be something to fix. You may also want to try the asyncCulling option in the FC config to lower the calculation overhead, although that's quite experimental.

A sampler report (sampler download -> opening post) generated by "/csampler report <filename>" from your typical benchmark situation in the FC 1.22 case could be interesting as well.

• With 1.22ctest8 the ghasts are suddenly a lot more dangerous :) They are disappearing, sometimes only for a second and other times for a long period. I've attached three sequential screenshots showing two ghasts, one of which vanishes briefly in the second screenshot to reappear again in the third.

Thanks.

• Official Post

With 1.22ctest8 the ghasts are suddenly a lot more dangerous :) They are disappearing, sometimes only for a second and other times for a long period. I've attached three sequential screenshots showing two ghasts, one of which vanishes briefly in the second screenshot to reappear again in the third.

Thanks.

I've had the same problem, but with a creeper (from special mobs, don't know if that matters), it simply vanished while i was fighting it, I managed to kill it anyways.

I can also notice that my character ocasionally vanish (when you are on f5 third person perspective) while flying on creative mode. Smartmoving mod is present (modifies the player rendering).

I'm using 1.22ctest8 aswell.

• Hmm))
    ---
    my micro test:
    Sorry for the many words
    always in tests -Dfastcraft.distantWrsPerPass=4 and SSP; not Oracle JVM, i use Zulu JVM x64(OpenJDK by Azul for Windows x64); im look in F3; ChromaHills-128x_1.7v11 installed.
    My CPU - Intel i5 2450m 2.5Ghz 2core / My GPU - Nvidia gt650m 1gb GDDR5 800Mhz

1) forge 1428, optifine_hd_u_b7, betterfps 1.0.0, fps+, fastcraft 1.22ctest8, no mods, no liteloader, render distanse 6, ~70-150fps, fps drop in new gen chunk ~-40-90fps (freeze time 1-10 sec), load chunk 2/sec to 8/sec;
    RenderDistanceChunks in 8, fps drop -15-30
    RenderDistanceChunks in 12, fps drop -40-60
    FC gives smoothness, reduces twitching
    IF -Dfastcraft.distantWrsPerPass=1/2/4/8/12/16 fps no change!
    I edited natural textures, connected textures, animated, particles, lights, on/off -> fps not change

2) -//-, no FC, render distanse 6, ~70-150fps, fps drop in new gen chunk ~-40-90fps (freeze time 1-10 sec), yeah, fps increase/decrease 0 (!), load chunk 2/sec to 8/sec;
    similarly change RenderDistanceChunks and fps drop

3) no optifine, no FC, fps 40-160 (!), freeze stable in newgen chunk. Freeze in fast fly in creative up/down and look right/left (you up Y and turn left/right)
    similarly change RenderDistanceChunks and fps drop
    ---
    handler does not manage, but in an earlier version of the forge (~ 1408 ) was less than friezzes. 8|
    ---
    edit setting GPU:

friezes slightly decreased, FPS NOT CHANGE!
    Changes to the other options in the settings graphics cards only increase lag and FPS drop. 20 fps in Vanilla MC(bad options)? and why not 8o

===================
    Include FC -> fps increase in <100 mods in local test. If no FC at <100 mods and fps drop 10-30. Some mods have their own shaders, which are not amenable to optimization and plant until 1 fps.
    Mod: Growthcraft big drop fps(FC+Opti not help) -> not playable; Psychedelicraft fps drop 40, all disable Psychedelicraft shaders fps up 10-20; Disable 2-3 options render in EnviroMine -> fps up 5-15.

• I have also been experiencing the invisibility bug and also missing chunks. Can't measure the exact size, but I would say around 15x15 - 25x25 chunks on blocks will randomly disappear leaving the X-Ray vision effect where you can see to bedrock for around 1 second, then it flicks back to normal. It seems to be mainly when moving fast, Creative Flying it's noticeably worse than when Sprinting, but it's still very frequent, on average once every 5-10 seconds when sprinting and once every 3-5 seconds when flying.

Anything I could tweak in FastCraft that might help remedy this???

• Official Post

Player, do you modify the enchanted animation in anyway? I've got items in Extra Utilities filing cabinets that are all white.

• Official Post

A little note about the invisible entities: It seems that any entity that is too far from ground stops getting rendered.

• Official Post

Bogdan-G: With Optifine installed the fastcraft.distantWrsPerPass option has no effect since I currently have to disable the whole module including most of the more recent client changes. A sampler report with growthcraft may be interesting ("/csampler report <filename>") while it's running slow. The results are quite interesting, I'll look into further improvements and better debugging support to investigate the frame rate drops more.

Euphoria: Missing chunks are different, are they actually loaded on the server? The output of "/csampler chunkInfo" while hovering over one and looking at yields specific information about the potential cause. I could use some screen shots or a video to see what's happening, I don't think having seen something likewise myself. I'm assuming the asyncCulling config option is off?

Chocohead: Not directly, I'd be mostly responsible if animations don't play at all, but this looks different. If the animations on items in other inventories work I'd blame xu.

• Hi all. First time poster, long time lurker. First off, IC2 is a great mod, and I really like all the addons that have been developed for it. I've been playing Minecraft for a long time and IC2 is still one of my "main" mods. I give my thanks to Player and others who have contributed content. Now, some words about FastCraft:

I find that I have to use both FastCraft (FC) 1.21 and Optifine together to get decent framerates for modded Minecraft. While FC deals mostly with chunk loading optimization, I found that it really doesn't help with textures. I use custom texture packs in my game, and in my testing I've found that FC doesn't give quite the FPS boost if used by itself. Optifine, on the other hand, does give the performance enhancement with custom textures, but chunk loading suffers resulting in a significant drop in frame rate. This is especially true when using mods that feature different dimensions. In one of my test worlds, traveling to a different dimension using just Optifine made the game unplayable due to the huge FPS drop. The dimension just wouldn't load. So I exited the game, installed FastCraft, loaded up my world, and saw an immediate increase in performance. The dimension loaded correctly and I was able to continue as normal.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my input, and thanks to Player for creating this much needed addon.

• I am using Fastcraft in my modpack, Mixture 2. It will be a public modpack and it will be published on FTB Launcher and mcbbs.net forums.

• Bogdan-G: With Optifine installed the fastcraft.distantWrsPerPass option has no effect since I currently have to disable the whole module including most of the more recent client changes. A sampler report with growthcraft may be interesting ("/csampler report <filename>") while it's running slow. The results are quite interesting, I'll look into further improvements and better debugging support to investigate the frame rate drops more.

Im detected in local modpack 1-10fps(last runs, no growthcraft, but fps down), start sampler/csampler, files: https://github.com/Bogdan-G/Fi…master/logs/date/140615-2
    lol, "/csampler report ugb27" not create file :O, error in spoiler:

fml+client logs: https://github.com/Bogdan-G/Fi…master/logs/date/140615-1