[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

Bogdan-G: The Mystcraft profiling was running while you acquired the data, reducing its expressiveness. This may be also the cause for the unusually high memory pressure and lots of client side simulation (mostly entities), which doesn't leave that much time for the actual rendering.

Optifine's smooth world renderer updater wastes some time with reflection, BetterFoliage slows wr updating down, weather2 does nasty edits, the threaded lighting mod is inherently broken and should be removed.

I've fixed the sampler issue for the next (upcoming) version, thanks for reporting it. The issue is sporadic, so it should usually work. The report (srp) format is the most useful for me.

• Bogdan-G: The Mystcraft profiling was running while you acquired the data, reducing its expressiveness. This may be also the cause for the unusually high memory pressure and lots of client side simulation (mostly entities), which doesn't leave that much time for the actual rendering.

Optifine's smooth world renderer updater wastes some time with reflection, BetterFoliage slows wr updating down, weather2 does nasty edits, the threaded lighting mod is inherently broken and should be removed.

I've fixed the sampler issue for the next (upcoming) version, thanks for reporting it. The issue is sporadic, so it should usually work. The report (srp) format is the most useful for me.

Thanks for info. I del mods: HardcoreDarkness(mod remove lights), Weather2, BetterFoliage
    enter game, fps change to 8-30(and periods to 50), game difficulty in peaceful(less mobs entity), fps 8-30, but down fps to 1-8 and tick in F3 bar chart small change.
    https://github.com/Bogdan-G/Fi…master/logs/date/140615-3
    Strangely, falling FPS continues with the crash.

• Ok, so I gave FC 1.22 test 10 a try, and I am still getting the invisible/transparent chunks when moving quickly. Still the same, it doesn't seem to happen when walking, but sprinting, flying or falling it happens a lot.

Not a complaint, just wanted to let you know, player.

• Bogdan-G: There's still the Mystcraft profiling running with fairly severe slowdown by garbage collection or all cpu cores being busy, so the results aren't conclusive. The sampler report file is corrupted so I can't read it. I've uploaded a new Sampler version with various fixes.

file broken? hm.. while writing the file to disk game fell. Ok, im update in local mopdpack sampler mod and del Mystcraft.
    YAY, MC no crash O_o
    But fps in distance 8 periods(range 10-80 sec, on 2-3 min) drop to 1-8; outside the periods 20-80fps, if distance 3 - fps stable 80-120(no drops); down tps in server found to 1(periods), ticks in bar F3 less, but still not enough. Reports normal write in disk, thanks for update sampler! Game still peaceful gamemode. Process game ~3.6gb (Last launch from mystcraft same 3.6gb) and 2500m heap(use from 800m to 2300m last run). In after start world, audio not play(sounds and effects) ~30 min.
    https://github.com/Bogdan-G/Fi…master/logs/date/160615-1

• I believe I have just run into a bug between fastcraft and lookingglas, since lookingglas has not been updated (while previously working fine) and fastcraft is the only other mod mentioned, I am making the bug report here first

If there is more info needed please inform me so I can get the information.

• Official Post

Bogdan-G: The most stalls are server side when you do world edits. The client part looks fairly healty, there's only those suspicious glFinish calls, but I have no idea what's going on there. Maybe a mod renders too much geometry or forces lots of state changes in its block rendering code. The GC problems I've seen earlier are fixed. Unfortunately the sampling mechanism isn't very good for investigating spikes atm, so I can't really do anything more.

Entoarox: Thanks, I think I've just fixed this, did you increase the view distance by any chance? The issue is in FastCraft.

MaouKami: Tentatively that's not caused by Fastcraft. Apparently something adds/removes entities from a thread or an entity's writeToNBTOptional implementation does likewise.

• Entoarox: Thanks, I think I've just fixed this, did you increase the view distance by any chance? The issue is in FastCraft.

I have my view distance at 16 chunks myself, and I have not changed any lookingGlass settings (If there even are any?) But I am not a hundred percent on how lookingGlass views are identified on the rendering side of things.

Edit: for people with the same issue, turning lookingGlass off untill the fix has been released stops the problem.

• Bogdan-G: The most stalls are server side when you do world edits. The client part looks fairly healty, there's only those suspicious glFinish calls, but I have no idea what's going on there. Maybe a mod renders too much geometry or forces lots of state changes in its block rendering code. The GC problems I've seen earlier are fixed. Unfortunately the sampling mechanism isn't very good for investigating spikes atm, so I can't really do anything more.

Entoarox: Thanks, I think I've just fixed this, did you increase the view distance by any chance? The issue is in FastCraft.

MaouKami: Tentatively that's not caused by Fastcraft. Apparently something adds/removes entities from a thread or an entity's writeToNBTOptional implementation does likewise.

Any way to find what mod is causing it ?

• Thought I'd report I'm using test 10 with departed 1.1.1 No grossly abnormal behavior to report with singleplayer as yet.
    Before stabilization after ~5m:
    1.22c10 - 150-170fps in game menu, 40-60 while in game
    1.21: 160-190 in game menu, 40-60 while in game
    After ~5m:
    1.22C10: 50-120fps in game, noticeable drop at sundown
    1.21: 40-100 in game,

Repeated acceleration through ram from 900mb to 1300mb while game is halted in the game menu. Initially appears unrelated to fastcraft, as there's identical behavior in 1.21, though the acceleration is less sharp in 1.21.

regular stable drop to 25fps while outdoors while approaching mobs but unable to consistently correlate to user activity. Does not appear to occur in 1.21 as in similar stable drops to 20-35.

• Official Post

Xee1: That's not related to FC, with 1.22-ctest10 it'll just show up in a lot of stack traces just like minecraft itself, but doesn't have much of an effect on the crashes themselves. Likely causes for the crash I can think of are:
    - a potential race condition between placing a block and using an inventory which doesn't contain the hotbar slots, i.e. doing those at a very similar time
    - broken mod code in a gui that allows placing blocks while it's open
    - a mechanism that places blocks as if the player placed them
    - a faulty mod edit to the ingame gui (the one showing just the hotbar as in no "machine type gui")

MaouKami: That's possible to debug with somewhat elaborate monitoring code, but that's only worth the effort if it happens frequently enough or can be reproduced easily. If it does we should get in touch to deploy that.

lil_kreen: What do you mean by "game menu"? The main menu or the one that shows when pressing esc while ingame? The latter stops the integrated server thread/processing while being shown and thus pauses the game.

As far as I'm aware such a large difference between ingame and paused may come primarily from lack of heap memory, saturation of all cpu cores or overly frequent chunk updates.

The debug screen can show some profiling information (http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Debug_screen#Profiler_graph), yielding some more insight how much time is spent for entities/tile entities (root.gameRenderer.level.entities), chunk updates (root.gameRenderer.level.updatechunks), the actual world rendering (root.gameRenderer.level.terrain) or client-side simulation (root.tick). You have to re-open the debug screen to reset the values, otherwise they just accumulate+average infinitely.

• Yeah, in-game menu, I use it just as a general benchmark of idle speed since the server shouldn't be doing anything while it's up like that constant ~300mb cycle for no reason apparent to me. I'm running an 8 core vishera and the game is allocated 4GB of which it's using ~27%.

Oh, and I noticed chunk loading is stalling somehow unless the server process is put on idle (in-game menu) so it can clear a few thousand e: to f:

in 1.22c10
    running consumption for clear winner of cpu time consumption while doing nothing :
    0: gamerenderer 80% -> level 70/57%

Level -> terrain 30/17% -> occ 85/14% -> 3 way tie, bb(43/6) - unspecified(34/5) - check(21/3)
    Level -> Entities 22/12% -> Blockentities 87/10%

in 1.21
    0: Gamerenderer 81% ->

<5min
    Level (95/78%) -> Updatechunks (58/43) -> rebuild 99%/28%

>5min
    Level (78/62%) ->
    Level -> Entities (32/20) -> Blockentities (95/18)
    Level -> Terrain (18/11) -> occ (83/9) -> 2 way tie, Unspecified(39/5) - check (34/3)