[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Hello Player. I will be using FastCraft in my modpack. It is an unlisted public pack on FTB launcher under 3rd party modpacks. You may use the packcode "RBSlurpie" without quotes to find the pack. Thank you for your time and an amazing mod.

• So FastCraft. May I use it for my clunky laggy FTB modpack. I am new to this in fact It is just minecraft that I am not new to. mods, packs ,and a list of a lot more asking that you will grant my permission, I will not use config in this modpack at all including your mod, Other than biomes o, plenty if I am aloud. My pack is ConnectPack aka Big Bird.

• Can someone move all this "Included in modpack" canned spam to its own thread so we can actually keep an eye on this to see actual posts?

• Official Post

That would probably involve moving ~45 pages over. No idea if the mods can be bothered to do that (or if there's an easier option than one post at a time).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Could someone familiar with Sampler and its output help me find the source of the frequent lag spikes from my server? I've got a pingspike output, but I'm not really sure if it's all that helpful since just about every field is 100%. If you want me to run anything specific, just tell me what to do. 10000 ms spikes every minute are not fun to play with.

Spike output

EDIT: If a mod list would help, I am running the Revolution Pack , latest version

• Official Post

That would probably involve moving ~45 pages over. No idea if the mods can be bothered to do that (or if there's an easier option than one post at a time).

Its not hard to move posts, but doing them in a bulk is just a bit bothersome. It involves selecting them all first (one by one tho) and then its easy.

I may be up to the work should player decide to have all those "fastcraft will be used on modpack X" posts on another thread.

• Official Post

You'd have to go through every page and make sure that you're just moving requests over, which is what would slow it down.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Hey there, I'm looking to put Fastcraft into a private FTB pack for my friends and myself. Your post said you would like to be notified.

• Hello, Cauldron and KCauldron are still disabling FastCraft on launch. There have been multiple issues reported about this to the KCauldron devs, but they refuse to acknowledge that FastCraft has any optimizations that will help on top of Spigot.

Personally, I don't believe this, as I've heard that FastCraft is using 1.8 worldgen code to speed things up, and I doubt Cauldron or Spigot devs thought of that.

Second, I've heard that FastCraft 1.2.2+ will support KCauldron.

That said, I've been trying all morning to disable this in Cauldron and KCauldron, as there is no config option, with no success. I have, however, identified the source code which does.

In the source code:

Code
    */patches/cpw/mods/fml/relauncher/CoreModManager.java.patch
    */patches/cpw/mods/fml/common/discovery/ModDiscoverer.java

In the compiled code:

Code
    */cpw/mods/fml/common/discovery/ModDiscoverer.class
    */cpw/mods/fml/relauncher/CoreModManager.class

If anyone can successfully modify these for KCauldron, I'd be interested in how you do it. Until then I guess we're waiting on KCauldron devs for support of FastCraft 1.2.2+.

Finally, I have a question for Player: Will you be backporting the massive performance improvements in 1.9 to 1.8 and/or 1.7? There are particle improvements, chunk gen improvements, and lots more, and more are added in each snapshot.

Thanks!

• Official Post

I've been trying all morning to disable this in Cauldron and KCauldron, as there is no config option, with no success.

Have you tried this Java argument?

Code
    -Dkcauldron.fastcraft.disable=false

If anyone can successfully modify these for KCauldron, I'd be interested in how you do it.

The commit that added the code (or at least allowed it to be disabled, that was first added here) is here .

I see this too much.

Edited 2 times, last by Chocohead ().

• Wow, should've figured there was something simple like that. Does this go after -jar cauldron.jar or before?

My question about 1.9 backports still stands, though.

EDIT: I can't launch KCauldron 1448 or 1492 now with FastCraft 1.22 test 14. Here's the error:

• Official Post

Wow, should've figured there was something simple like that. Does this go after -jar cauldron.jar or before?

Never tried, but I doubt it matters.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I updated my previous post with a startup error, if you can take a look at it

Well that's a new one. You'll have to wait for Player to get his response most likely.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

vlrtm12: This looks like Fastcraft hasn't detected cauldron, which leads to it not enabling the compatibility features. I'd need a copy of the server jar to investigate (PM only).

TwistedPhoenix: This lag spike looks like it's could be one of those:
    - a bug in MobiusCore that I've found and reported a few months ago, try updating or removing the mod
    - a huge amount of ticking tile entities, check "/sampler counts" and "/sampler counts <dimid>" to check the quantities
    - another currently unknown tile entity leak
    Fastcraft has some mitigation for this scenario, but it isn't installed or something conflicting renders it useless.

ajthemacboy: Fastcraft isn't actually using any 1.8 code, but it has several optimizations that aren't to be found in Spigot. The particle improvements are client side and look like a compatibility nightmare to backport, others don't seem to be of much significance or even as revolutionary as you think. E.g. after claims on reddit regarding Mojang having fixed multiple superfluous chunk decorator invocations, I've verified if that's actually the case in 1.7.10 and all I observed was a single run per chunk - no bug to be seen. Either Forge fixed it already, the problem was introduced in 1.8/1.9 or it only affects some minor side aspect. If you have a concrete performance problem just generate a sampler report and send it to me so I can have a look.
    Now that there's apparently a way to run KCauldron with Fastcraft I can look into fixing the remaining compatibility issues :D