[IC2 Exp][1.7.10][WIP] EnetBridge 1.7

• Official Post

EnetBridge allows to use the RF and FZ Charge APIs from the IC2 energy net. The transition is without converter blocks or nasty hacks, it's just using the delegate capabilities of the IC2 energy net API to do so.

This addon is mostly a proof of concept. The default ratios are:

EU <-> RF 3:25 (approx. generator vs steam dynamo with charcoal)
    EU <-> FZ Charge 1:1 (based on smelting energy use, not final)

Dis-/charging RF items from any IC2 dis-/charge slot is supported as well. You can also run wires directly between e.g. RF and FZ blocks or even put those blocks next to each other.

Limitations:

• Minor loss may happen due to rounding issues.
    • Performance may suffer due to RF API limitations, it's not possible to check if a side is input or output directly and statically.
    • RF input/output detection may not always work properly.
    • The IC2 1.7.10 energy net api doesn't expose directions everywhere, potentially causing unexpected results with blocks having multiple internal energy storages.
    • Connecting to TE engines doesn't work as they don't expose their storage.
    • FZ Charge will only target a specific charge level, pushing energy if it's below the threshold or pulling if it's above.

The config option enableTileEntityAdaption can disable the more error prone tile entity integration, the item integration alone shouldn't cause any issues or performance impact. It should be sufficient to only have EnetBridge on the server.

Don't forget to backup your world regularly. The addon and its source code can be used and redistributed under the terms of the Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.

Download: http://files.player.to/enetbridge-1.7.jar
    Source code for developers: http://files.player.to/enetbridge-1.6-src.7z

• Official Post

Gameplay wise this is in no way comparable to a real conversion mod which takes care of the different look&feel of the other energy variants. The approach i went with here is obviously also not capable of hooking into the middle of a foreign energy grid, it can only connect to the actual sources and sinks. Sources which push directly to a target like some engines won't work either without some buffer in between.

• Gameplay wise this is in no way comparable to a real conversion mod which takes care of the different look&feel of the other energy variants. The approach i went with here is obviously also not capable of hooking into the middle of a foreign energy grid, it can only connect to the actual sources and sinks. Sources which push directly to a target like some engines won't work either without some buffer in between.

So, what kind of license is this mod under?

• Official Post

Are you trying to undercut energy conduits by making much cheaper wires carry unlimited RF? :P

Either way, really cool.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

A tier of MIN_VALUE? :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Looks like the same issue but with AE2 P2P tunnel

Description: Exception in server tick loop

Code
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The tier value -2147483648 for LayerIPipeConnection_TileCableBus|E|0|177 (te appeng.parts.layers.LayerIPipeConnection_TileCableBus@358985fb) is invalid.	at ic2.core.energy.Node.setTier(Node.java:68)	at ic2.core.energy.Grid.prepareCalculation(Grid.java:261)	at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetLocal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetLocal.java:376)	at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetGlobal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetGlobal.java:66)	at ic2.core.TickHandler.onWorldTick(TickHandler.java:77)	at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_12_TickHandler_onWorldTick_WorldTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)	at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:51)	at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:122)	at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:255)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:645)	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:335)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
  • Yeah, after removing EnetBridge the server was still crashing. I ended rolling the server back to get it to load. i will give the update a go and see how it handles.

Thank you for taking the time to look at it so quickly.