EnetBridge allows to use the RF and FZ Charge APIs from the IC2 energy net. The transition is without converter blocks or nasty hacks, it's just using the delegate capabilities of the IC2 energy net API to do so.
This addon is mostly a proof of concept. The default ratios are:
EU <-> RF 3:25 (approx. generator vs steam dynamo with charcoal)
EU <-> FZ Charge 1:1 (based on smelting energy use, not final)
Dis-/charging RF items from any IC2 dis-/charge slot is supported as well. You can also run wires directly between e.g. RF and FZ blocks or even put those blocks next to each other.
- Minor loss may happen due to rounding issues.
- Performance may suffer due to RF API limitations, it's not possible to check if a side is input or output directly and statically.
- RF input/output detection may not always work properly.
- The IC2 1.7.10 energy net api doesn't expose directions everywhere, potentially causing unexpected results with blocks having multiple internal energy storages.
- Connecting to TE engines doesn't work as they don't expose their storage.
- FZ Charge will only target a specific charge level, pushing energy if it's below the threshold or pulling if it's above.
The config option enableTileEntityAdaption can disable the more error prone tile entity integration, the item integration alone shouldn't cause any issues or performance impact. It should be sufficient to only have EnetBridge on the server.
Don't forget to backup your world regularly. The addon and its source code can be used and redistributed under the terms of the Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.