A little idea...

• I like the new sorting machines in ic2(electric sorting machine and item buffer)however....there not so much efficient,my idea it's add pipes to ic2,yeah,i know it's a little bit weird and that i can use buildcraft pipes..but those pipes are very laggy and i don't wanna install buildcraft only for pipes.Thunderdark is working on crops right now..so probably he don't will add pipes atm.If some developer read this and say me he's opinion,thanks.

• I like this idea, but agree with the idea that there are too many pipe systems. I propose something based on hoppers:

Fluid hoppers (like what the name suggests, hoppers that support fluids)
    Tubes (small plastic/rubber/carbon fiber tubes that are basically small pipes that can be bundled like ender IO, so you can have many small tubes in one block. you could make them go up walls using scaffolding (like how you create reinforced scaffolding, but with tubes)

These would be useful for the transport of fluids, and the drawbacks would incentivise the small compact systems we love about IC2.

As for items, I think something like funnels: attachments to the bottom of hoppers that extend the range down or sideways. The only way to move items up is through elevators: item transport machines powered via magnetizers (like the magnetizer-iron pole elevator)

• In my opinion what ic2 needs it's exactly pipes,with pipes in ic2 nobody will be use buildcraft for a time :sleeping: (in my case).
    So,thunderdark,if you read this,think how cool can be ic2 with pipes..............

I'd love the fluid hopper

Fluid Hopper ?? for what ??

Ic2 item Pipes are in Queue after E-Net is finsch.. (need Players talents for a nice lagfree item routing algorithm)

• ... that i can use buildcraft pipes..but those pipes are very laggy

I see everyone saying buildcraft is laggy, but I've never experienced any such instance, and I've been using it since Egyptian times.

• I don't wanna create problems or anything bad with this thread,i'm only give you my idea and that's all.And Thunderdark,if you have in mind add pipes to ic2,remember make those better than Greg pipes,those are full-laggy and has horrible textures(Sorry Greg,but it's the true).
    Thanks anyways.

• Official Post

I don't wanna create problems or anything bad with this thread,i'm only give you my idea and that's all.And Thunderdark,if you have in mind add pipes to ic2,remember make those better than Greg pipes,those are full-laggy and has horrible textures(Sorry Greg,but it's the true).
    Thanks anyways.

Ahem, GT Item Pipes are much less laggy than all other Mods Pipes. Whatever lags you, it is not the Pipes, so make sure it is actually the Pipes before you say that.

• Ahem, GT Item Pipes are much less laggy than all other Mods Pipes. Whatever lags you, it is not the Pipes, so make sure it is actually the Pipes before you say that.

GT Item Pips a which are nice in relation to Lag... But one thing I can agree with you horrible textures look like a stretched Cabel ;)

• As a "not really a pipe" alternative IC2 could have what GT used to have pre-pipes:
    machine box that could move around power/fluids/items with appropriate covers or in case of IC2, upgrades.

• I think it would be great to boot hoppers, those are serious lag machines.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• In the Queue? That feels uncomfortable ;)

Seriously though, I like the sound of that, even though I thought the idea of non-pipey systems were pretty cool. Any type of transport that doesn't rely on other mods with lots of content (if you wanted, say just the pipes, BC and GT would be very weird) is good in my book. However, the other suggestions should not be overlooked, IMO.

As for why fluid hoppers, I suggested them because it follows the path of vanilla (minecarts, hoppers and water for transport). IC2 has always favored compact systems and fluid hoppers + some extender funnel thingy would be perfect for when ejector upgrades don't cut it.

Anyway, looking back on this post it is incoherent and would make my English teacher cry so I am just going to leave it and slowly back away while I regroup and get some water.