How to make IC2 work with FTB 1.7

• According to the FTB team, they will only include mods that accept RF for power. Dun dun dunn! Well what if a configuration option was added so that ic2 machines could directly accept RF? People could decide if they want their machines to be all RF or ic2 be just eu.

• the question is.. why should mods use one power source? seriously its the mod makers decision but i don't hear anyone saying about anything that RF can do thats better?

• Probably because it's failsafe and so simple that that there is no challenge in using it.

You see, when you open new doors, there is a price to pay. Now imagine... tonight, you look under your bed, and, lo and behold, you find a monster! And you're immediately eaten. Now, if you hadn't looked for the monster, you wouldn't have found it and you'd still be happy in your beds, instead of being slowly digested in the stomach sack of the creature. But, with any luck, your sister or your brothers might have heard your screams, and your endeavor will serve as a valuable lesson to them.

• Duh Du

According to the FTB team, they will only include mods that accept RF for power. Dun dun dunn! Well what if a configuration option was added so that ic2 machines could directly accept RF? People could decide if they want their machines to be all RF or ic2 be just eu.

Duh Duh Duhh!! Use another modpack team or go home. I have to agree with blockbuster, this is why we can't have good things.

• whats "failsafe" about it? i like some challange.. :)

Because neither the machines nor the cables blow up if you give them too much power.

You see, when you open new doors, there is a price to pay. Now imagine... tonight, you look under your bed, and, lo and behold, you find a monster! And you're immediately eaten. Now, if you hadn't looked for the monster, you wouldn't have found it and you'd still be happy in your beds, instead of being slowly digested in the stomach sack of the creature. But, with any luck, your sister or your brothers might have heard your screams, and your endeavor will serve as a valuable lesson to them.

• As if IC2 needs to change so that FTB like them...this is exactly the kind of bullshit that makes the modded minecraft community so bad.

It's simultaneously sad and funny how FTB has become the polar opposite of what they promised to be. There is no choice. It's their way or nothing. Big part of community is ignored just to stroke the ego of a few select people in FTB team who have an axe to grind.

• It's simultaneously sad and funny how FTB has become the polar opposite of what they promised to be. There is no choice. It's their way or nothing. Big part of community is ignored just to stroke the ego of a few select people in FTB team who have an axe to grind.

From what I've heard actually, they've always been like that. ForgeModLoader was created solely because Risugami wouldn't allow Modloader into FTB. Of course, FML is a very good thing, but the same cannot be said for the RF wave.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• From what I've heard actually, they've always been like that. ForgeModLoader was created solely because Risugami wouldn't allow Modloader into FTB. Of course, FML is a very good thing, but the same cannot be said for the RF wave.

agreed.. balancing power in wires imho is not too hard.. it allows upgrade options and not sure why its bad?

but redstone power just .. feels weird i can wrap my head around electricity and how it works in game but not this

• Official Post

ForgeModLoader was created solely because Risugami wouldn't allow Modloader into FTB.

And that was just for the original FTB challenge map. God knows how much hate Risu would have got if they'd not made FML.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It's simultaneously sad and funny how FTB has become the polar opposite of what they promised to be. There is no choice. It's their way or nothing. Big part of community is ignored just to stroke the ego of a few select people in FTB team who have an axe to grind.

Now you see why I have always been against FeedTheBeast.

• But the thing is, it would be a config option. The FTB team could set it to RF mode while everybody else could set it how they wanted. EVERYBODY'S HAPPY.

• SpwnX has a point. I got a glimpse of what you guys said of Risugami's mods but I don't understand what we would be mad about.