Suggestion: Farming and Food Tech

• One thing that seems to be somewhat absent from industrial craft is industrial farming. The real world industrial revolution heavily involved turning labor intensive farming into a machine driven production. In game terms there is a lot of fun tech that could be applied to and fit well within industrial crafts theme. I apologize for not having full ideas for recipes.

A high tech farming option would be cloning, cloned sheep used to be the talk of all things science. It would use advanced circuits and probably glass for tubes and such. you'd click on an animal you want run your cloner and it would spawn pigs, sheep, or even creepers provided it was fed large amounts of energy.

More mundane then that would be a simple cow milker something that has a 100% success rate and is battery driven (could be stationary with the intent that cows would walk into it). It would use rubber/resin basic circuits and require empty buckets that it would fill.

Although farming in minecraft is pretty easy it would be interesting see other ideas for industrially improved farming.

• you know that there is no such thing like a cow with out milk. There a glich that make this seens so, but is a glitch. Just search the right angle.

• You are right... we do need more farming option :D maybe something like a breeding box or pen.... were you stuff 2 animals and make them breed >:D or a genetic thingy were you can combine there DNA to make a cross breed or make a new animal :D

• Yea I think that a clone machine would be a great Idea. Maybe have two machines, one that synthesizes the DNA and another that would grow a custom clone. The synthesizer would work by taking an item (e.g. a feather or a sapling), consuming it and spitting out a number in Quaternary. Quaternary is a number system that has a base four and has parallels in genetics because their are four nitrogenous bases in DNA. That number would be transferred between the machines when the machines are placed next to each other. It should also be noted that it would be possible to manually enter the numbers in. The cloner would then clone the lifeforms when both power and redstone current is applied to it and would spawn any animals, plus planting any seeds or saplings into the ground.

• Interesting Idea of industrial farming.
    But I'd like to break it down a notch ;)
    My idea for this topic would be an electric hoist with a net, you could then farm fish in a larger scale, cause fishing rods are a pain.

recipe for Net would look something like this:

String-Empty-String
    Empty-String-Empty
    String-Empty-String

now we need to combine the net with something like a hoist:

Copper-Copper-Copper
    refined Iron-Machine-refined Iron
    Copper-Electronic Circuit-Copper

Might want to put this into new suggestion,or make it a topic inside suggestions, for many more ideas to be put together!!

Cheers Bierhamster

• I really like how well you've thought this out, massive kudos.

Here's some machine concepts I considered along those lines.
    -Electric Plow (Would plow all land within so many tiles when powered)
    -Harvesters (Would harvest grain within so many blocks and eject or deposit it in a chest as well as the seeds)
    -Sower (Would plant seeds in open ground within so many blocks, would use stash in a chest)
    -Butcher (Would kill any animal that runs into it and eject or place the dropped items into a nearby chest)
    -Breeder (Would use a cloning device as an ingredient, but would be a block that duplicates an animal standing on it while powered)

Also we need Flax already, so we can create massive production for the creation of cloth! Which serves no purpose really in Minecraft but for decent colored carpet and flags!

Nets for placement in water that when powered would eject fish or place them in chests would be nice as well. Kinda like as was said above me.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I somehow like the idea of cloning animals or mobs from items which are drobbed by said animals/mobs. Would need loads of energy and would spawn XY. Kinda a home-made mob/animal spawner :3

Or homemade lol device when your buddy comes home to a base full of sheep..

or Creepers..

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I like the cloning idea, but it would rather fit in MineFactory Reloaded than IC.

All of these (and a lot more) ideas are included in MineFactory Reloaded btw :)

Oh and it's a Forge mod as well... runs perfectly fine on our IC²/BC server!

• I'm not one to stand by the concept of 'if its in another mod we won't do it', Buildcraft is so commonly paired with IC^2 that I can slide on those, but for other mods.. eh.

• I'm not one to stand by the concept of 'if its in another mod we won't do it', Buildcraft is so commonly paired with IC^2 that I can slide on those, but for other mods.. eh.

A matter of taste I guess, I'd rather see new features implemented than something I already get from another mod. The most awesome thing is interacting mods... Something that complement another mod (like the cloning idea) would be cool.
    To me it seems like a waste of recourses to code something, that has already been done. :)