Cables and Carts IC2/GT server (FTB launcher), looking for 3 Beta Testers

• Official Post

It looks really interesting, but I'm curious to how the ore gen will actually work. It sounds a lot like it's generating in flat rows, so going sideways is better than down, meaning manual mining could actually net a decent amount of ore.

I'd be happy to see how it pans out later towards the game.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I had a reply written up lsst night and when I submitted... it said i had to login. 0_o

Anyway, yes the ores are horizontal, so branch mining is the way to go.

To give an example Iron spawns about 200 ores per chunk in a typical pack. CNC spawns a max of 80 iron ores per chunk. If you go to the two ore layers, Iron is overall a bit more dense than normal so hand/branch mining is like a normal pack. Tunnel miners like a steves carts miner or tunnel bore will also be as effective.

Quarries though will net you 80 iron per chunk instead of 200 like people are used to. THe original idea was to make ic2 miners cheaper to make, and make them the cheapest way to automine, but its also the least efficient, being vertical. Ic2 miners wont pick up GT ores though :(

Blockmaster used Customstuff to make custom ores, so the important GT ores are recreated using that mod, thats how we spawn some GT ores 'the old way'.

GT veins are not necessary to find to progress, they are just a bonus.

I ran out of time last night heh, my son had so much homework...

Ill get the server updated tonight and PM you the IP. :)

• Official Post

Cool, sounds good.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No its an ad for my server, i was just detailing the pack that is on it.

Ill pm you the IP address.