Heat conductors

• What about heat conductors? For electricity we have cables, and for heat - nothing - this effectivelly limits setups. I would suggest using cooper blocks as heat wires with loss let's say 2 HU / block.

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• What about heat conductors? For electricity we have cables, and for heat - nothing - this effectivelly limits setups. I would suggest using cooper blocks as heat wires with loss let's say 2 HU / block.

Nobody use solid substances as heat conductors on relatively large distances IRL. Too much loss, too much metal you need, too big difference between temperatures at start and at the end of solid heat conductor on heavy temperature load.
    IRL steam and hot water used for transfering heat, rarely - other liquid substances.

Why you need a heat conductors? How absence of solid heat conductors limits your setups?

• I think we should use a special cable, first, we would need graphene, which could be made by putting a diamond in a thermal centrifuge, and that would give you 8 graphene, or the same thing but with carbon plates, giving you only 1 graphene, then we put 6 graphene, 3 at the top and 3 at the bottom of the crafting table, with 1 coolant cell in the middle, and 2 heat exchanger next to it, and that would give you 4 heat cables, hope you guys like the idea :D

• well i was thinking about cooper block because now you need to make werid combination of heat exchangers to get 400 hu / piece. with heat conductors it would be much easier to conduct heat - and yes i like coolant idea - with reactors - but now we HAVE already liquit heat exchangers, but how to connect for ex. steam generator to 400 or more heat ? Cooper blocks seems reasonable from both common sense (it is in fact good heat conductor - only silver is better) and already placable block - or, we can get better with graphene heat conductors - love the idea - but it requires whole new block and else.. - going with railcraft like capacity for cooper blocks is the way to go - in my eyes , but hey - you can get better idea or i can be just wrong :)

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• I now silver is a good electrical conductor, but I didn't knew that silver was also a good heat conductor :P

I said graphene because it's considered as the best heat conductor avaible IRL atm ( diamond being 2nd, carbon nanotubes being 3rd ) and we have both diamonds and carbon nanotubes in vanilla IC2 ( diamonds/industrial diamonds & carbon plates ) but why not graphene :D