[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] AFSU Mod

• Nah, prefer have unlocalised name to be AFSU, easier for everyone :P

Note : Until Greg read my PM about the request to use his old textures for the GUI, can you please fix a derp, the last 0 of the 1 000 000 000 is a bit derpy, it's out of the GUI :P

• Nah, prefer have unlocalised name to be AFSU, easier for everyone :P

Note : Until Greg read my PM about the request to use his old textures for the GUI, can you please fix a derp, the last 0 of the 1 000 000 000 is a bit derpy, it's out of the GUI :P

Yea. I'm going to probably have to edit GUI texture.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• I am the one who originally had this addon idea, but the only thing I could really do to help Xbony (because my coding skills really suck on Java) was to provide him with textures, and the first set of textures were bad, because I made them in less than 10 minutes :P , so yeah, but I also want to see your textures :D

• I wanted more specificaly an IV storage block that holds 1 000 000 000 eu, exactly 1 000 000 000, I agree the idea was similar, and I even forgot about this thread, but even before this thread, I wanted to have a block similar to the old GT AESU/IDSU in terms of energy storage in IC2, but yeah, I agree, my idea was 90% similar to yours, the only part that is different is that I wanted it to have exactly 1 000 000 000 eu in this storage unit, and Xbony came up with the name of the AFSU, originally I wanted to call it HCSU ( High Capacity Storage Unit ) :P :D

• yup cool that you guys actually made it happen ;) my arms are probably much shorter on this forum than yours so I couldn't reach any of the devs anyway ;)

• I was thinking in make the AFSU a block maded by lapotron crystals,it has sense because lapotron crystals is the most powerful tier of battery,and the AFSU is the most powerful tier of energy storage block,too the textures that i made are blue like the lapotron.

• I thought you made it blue in homage of the AESU/IDSU and Xbony, I know you are here, when are we gonna have a new version ^^ , I'm impatient to see the mod with my new textures and the new GUI :D :P

• I thought you made it blue in homage of the AESU/IDSU and Xbony, I know you are here, when are we gonna have a new version ^^ , I'm impatient to see the mod with my new textures and the new GUI :D :P

I seem to like working on this on the weekends for some reason. I probably should be a little more active on it though, it needs some more love :P

Right now working on Flaxbeard's Steamcraft.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Wait, you also update steamcraft now ? HAAAAAAAX, Xbony is everywhere, Xbony is an Illuminati :P
    :D

• You are THE MAN!

Thank you SO MUCH for adding this back into the game. I miss Gregtech's AESU and IDSU so much.

Do you think you could make it so we could Adjust/Set the EU out put in the GUI like the old AESU ? I loved that feature and found it so useful in tight builds because I didn't have to use a Transformer then.

Additionally, do you think you could add something similar to the IDSU back in too?

Observation: Looking at the GUI for the AFSU, I notice that the GUI needs to be a bit bigger so the 1 Billion will fit and not run off the side of the GUI box at the top.
    Also noticed if you place an AFSU down while hovering in the air, the Output face will be on "top" (as expected) however, it then uses the "top" texture file to map 2 sides of the block else where.

I also love the Red textures - looks like they fit in well with IC2's MFSU.

Again - THANK YOU SO MUCH - I love your mods because they are like prayers being ACTUALLY answered!

• chloe : Actually, the point of this mod was just to bring a tier 5 SU to IC2, like Greg did in GT4 or less, except it was just supposed to be a SU, not AESU or IDSU ^_^' , however me and Xbony are glad you like it, and about the texture, the mfsu like texture is gonna change, because I just didn't finished it, because it's supposed to look like the EV transformer ( in terms of colours ) , but I added some blue lines, GT style :D :P , and we also gonna have an IDSU like GUI, for moar fanciness :D

• Recipes might get more crazy next update :P

Next version will move up a major version, it fixes all the things and does all the things. Just trying to get past a bug with the GUI that makes it look like a derp.

• chloe : Actually, the point of this mod was just to bring a tier 5 SU to IC2, like Greg did in GT4 or less, except it was just supposed to be a SU, not AESU or IDSU ^_^' , however me and Xbony are glad you like it, and about the texture, the mfsu like texture is gonna change, because I just didn't finished it, because it's supposed to look like the EV transformer ( in terms of colours ) , but I added some blue lines, GT style :D :P , and we also gonna have an IDSU like GUI, for moar fanciness :D

Thanks for the reply Mine_Sasha.

Looking forward to the next update and to see your new textures.

I've been playing around with the textures myself, just so I could blend the AFSU into my tech factory. Here is what I came up with.

By no means am suggesting these as an option to replace yours - however, if you or anyone else would like to have them or there is an option for additional skins, you may have them here. I just took IC2's MFSU and jazzed it up more so it looks like it is busting at the seams with EU! lol

Version 1

Version 2

Alternate GUI

:D

• Good

Good work Chloe!