Suggestion: Making Canned Food useful in 1.8

• When 1.8 came out, food became stackable, rendering canned food redundant. My suggestion is to make Canned food NOT restore ANY hunger, yet restore 1 heart of HP. Because it's preprocessed food, so Steve's body will instantly use it to repair any injuries.

Edt: To balance for the fact that normal food will take 3 max to get a full heal, it should heal 2 HP.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Just replace it with magic beans.... oh wait. jk

Seriously though, current food system in MC does make canned food somehow redundant so canned food could be made more potent for now. However I feel there is no need for bigger changes as, knowing Notch, he will probably make normal food turn into rotten meat after a few MC days with future update and that is when canned food will shine again.

• If Alblaka were to reduce food stacks to 16 (which I personally think ought to be legit max stack, rather than 64) then canned food would still be useful.

• How about make canned food usage automatic? Just a simple OnTick event that checks to see if the entity.player's food bar is below 90%, and if so consume 1 canned food and attempt to place an empty can in inventory.

ALSO, make canned food stack to 256 if this can be done safely without causing problems elsewhere.

That would make it worth it.

• How about make canned food usage automatic? Just a simple OnTick event that checks to see if the entity.player's food bar is below 90%, and if so consume 1 canned food and attempt to place an empty can in inventory.

ALSO, make canned food stack to 256 if this can be done safely without causing problems elsewhere.

That would make it worth it.

That would work, but the 256 stack would be kinda buggy. And I think it might be limited to 255. Plus the fact that it would probably require a baseclass modification (Or at least a new forge class)

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Hi again, Adien ^^.

Well,... Idk if im doing something wrong but, till this point, the canned food doesnt work. I can "can" the food, but when I consume it, it just disapears!! :(

• That's cool, but does anyone else find it funny that there's food that doesn't fix hunger? I'm all for canned food directly healing health and not touching hunger, but it's worth a chuckle.

• Official Post

That's cool, but does anyone else find it funny that there's food that doesn't fix hunger? I'm all for canned food directly healing health and not touching hunger, but it's worth a chuckle.

It's an MRE. Trust me, if you've eaten one of those damned things, you know how filling they are... (Which is not very).

• I think that canned food was and should be for when you need food for long journeys, specifically NOT for combat.
    So, my idea, is that canned food should only be able to heal you up to 8.5 hunger, but heals 5 hunger and fully fills your saturation bar. Also, it now takes 5 hunger points worth of food to fill one can. That way it can keep you alive and sprinting indefinitely (especially if they make food only stack to 16 as it should), but isn't as useful for quick healing as other foods (that's how it was originally and how canned food is anyways).

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.