Force Fields

• Yay or nay? 22

1. Yay! (17) 77%
    2. Nay. (5) 23%
    3. Potato!!! (10) 45%

I think IC2 needs its own force field system. Why? There are many addons. However, most aren't usable. Calclavia 's doesn't even support IC2 anymore. Minalien 's? That one hasn't been updated for 1.7, it's made for 1.6.2. That leaves only one; immibis ' Advanced Repulsion Systems. It's a pretty awesome addon actually, it adds more then the force field, it also has it's industrial coil which is way awesome, and DeFence's old stuff.

However, that addon is a little bit buggy, and it doesn't feel very IC2ish. And I don't know if Immibis will support it forever.

So yeah, I think it would be interesting if IC2 had it's own force fields as something to add on to the end-game, something sweet but simple. There could be item upgrades that allow you dictate shape, maybe even one that's programable for advanced usage. An API would be interesting too.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• I say nay. Forcefields are IMO not very fun to play with as they make you play in a bubble. I would much rather have something like hyperExpensive wireless power and teleportation than forcefields at the higher tiers.

Of course, this is my opinion.

• I choose yay!I miss minalien's force field system mod,the calclavia version doesn't like me and add force fields to vanilla ic2 is a very nice idea IMO.

• Official Post

Love the fact you can select all 3 options at once :D

But really I'd like something like advanced repulsion systems in IC2, IMO it actually fits quite well, with the other MFFS versions floating away to just being able to do anything (but not support IC2) or stick closer to what Thunderdark had made, but is updating very very slowly.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• What would you change in ARS to make it more IC2-like?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I don't really want to keep people out of my base, I want to keep people from interacting with the stuff inside my base.
    So, maybe some sort of forcefield that keeps people from right clicking/breaking blocks?
    MFFS Calclavia had that, but it doesn't exist anymore and MFFS Calclavia is insanely buggy.

ARS is great, I just think it needs some more "generally useful" features. I think it fits IC2 thematically pretty well.

• What would you change in ARS to make it more IC2-like?

Probably textures first, although I'm not so good at those >.> biggest, probably recipes. For example, I'd make the industrial tesla coil used an advanced machine casing (or maybe simple, idk) instead of an iron block, or the force field require a small amount of refined iron. I think it would make more sense to make upgrades items rather than blocks, which is more like what IC2 does with stuff like overclockers and other upgrades.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• I say yay and potato, because I want a forcefield mod like the last MFFS update of 1.2.5, it only used energy for making forcefields like ARS do now, and it had the same kind of active defence blocks like Minalien MFFS ( Defence stations and personnal cards ) and I don't really like the Calclavia version, sure Calclavia mods are awsome, but this one isn't really for me :P , and unlike Minalien/Immibis safe frequency card system (where it's only connected to the block you right click) you can hijack a Calclavia forcefield pretty easily, because it uses numerals Frequencies, and if someone use 000, just make another card with that frequency and put a fortron battery nearby and put the card in it and POOF, no forcefields ( you can even hijack them only by placing another fortron battery nearby :P ), so yeah, if you revive the forcefields mods, but do a mix beetween ARS and Minalien MFFS so we can have a good protection, only using energy, and not that godamned forcicium :P

And BTW POTATO

• Official Post

Probably textures first, although I'm not so good at those >.> biggest, probably recipes. For example, I'd make the industrial tesla coil used an advanced machine casing (or maybe simple, idk) instead of an iron block, or the force field require a small amount of refined iron. I think it would make more sense to make upgrades items rather than blocks, which is more like what IC2 does with stuff like overclockers and other upgrades.

The textures look fine, you don't may much attention to them anyway, I for one don't stare at my forcefield blocks :P The force field projectors do require refined iron (last time I checked) and using things like iron blocks instead of casings would make sense to change, but the theme of advanced repulsions systems is that everything is modular using blocks, while MFFS was modular using items.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I suggested this few days ago in some thread :) - yes definetelly - but with some limitations- that forcefield strength is proportional to energy it has - so forcefields would vary in strength and size - surface gos square with dimentions and with this in mind we have solved prevent super omni invincible bubbles, and as for protection / power it would simply be question of max emiters strength(tiers) and battery attachted to them (mfsu should be enough to shield 2048 blocks (surfaces) from any single nuke - shielding on reinforced stone should add to shield strength so sield in air should be way weaker than shield on obsidian wall. As foir features i would go with those of mffs - i tried that but it fails with 1.7.10 and current ic2 exp.

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• Random idea- why not let immibis implement force fields directly into IC2? Like Aroma, just as a guest. I think that would be pretty cool.

• Official Post

And I'll make the classic immibis textures resource pack :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• Nostalgic hero (Chocohead) : A skilled artist and coder, and have a nice dog profile :P :D
    Nostalgic halper (me) : skilled artist = yes, skilled coder ... NOPE ( not yet, I'm Learning :D )... and let's be realistic, nostalgic halper is not really halpful (yet)
    Nostalgic moderator (SpwnX) : skilled with the 1!0!!10!!1110HAX-BANHAXMER
    Nostalgic classic (CubeWrench202) : skilled with wrenches, can instakill you with a wrench if you insult the classic mods

• Official Post

Boom, updated classic mod, still got the customstuff coding vibe: http://minecraftmodcustomstuff…trabiomesXL_Red_Rock_Plus

I see this too much.

• Yo,

I wish forcefields in IC2, after that I will be not afraid anymore of smoking reactor behind the door :D

Is smoking nuclear reactor dangerous?
    Ofc not... Its a feature :D