Difference between life and Industrial Craft 2 or GregTech

• Some schoolboy playing IC2 may came to think, that industrial diamonds are actually made with silicon or that solar panels created with coal dust or something. This why i decide to create a thread to list a noticed differencies between real life and IC2. Everyone are welcome to join me in that. Of cource everything redstone related in IC2 absolutely magical, so there is no need to write about it.

1. Common technology of gaining industrial diamonds (at form of very tiny crystals):
    1.1 Ultra hight pressure and temperature at pure carbon.
    1.2 Implosion compressing (glory to Greg and GT! And yet - it still a thin dust)
    1.3 Sedimentation from methane (gas) at 1100 C.
    1.4 Sedimentation from molten carbon dissolved in metal.

2. Vulcanized rubber are black, because it have artificially added so called «Carbon Black». Rubber, that are contain «Carbon Black» never used as electrical insulators, because adding it in compound will raising electrical conductivity of rubber. Rubber for electrical insulation purposes without any dyes are have dirty pale yellow color.

3. Creating incandescent light bulb with tin wire - bad idea. Tin is one of the most easily fusible metal. You need a tungsten and vacuum. Ok, there is no tungsten in IC2, but even iron or uranium makes more sense.

P.S.: Yep, i'm bored.

• 4. The whole glass fibre thing.

Yep, glass as well as diamonds - are perfect insulators. This will have some sense only if we use a generators of light radiation of some kind at energy source and photoelectric cell as reciever. And even so power loss will be unacceptable at any distance.
    The whole cable tiers thing are nonsense, because max transfered voltage limited only by insulation type, not by kind of metal used. Thus, you can easily transfer up to 500 kV (kilovolts) via tin cable, insulated with XLPE (crosslinked polyethylene) or a proper amount of air. Rubber insulation, that a properly maden, can be used up to 10 kV.

• Official Post

7. Water mills working from just sitting in pools of water

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Iridium is very hard, infusible and tough metal, also chemically stable, but using it for armor won't give you any profit in comparison to simple good steel. It have density an about 22 500 kg per cubic meter and breaking point 2275 MPa. And steel 20Х13 have density 7 670 kg per cubic meter and breaking point 830 MPa. So, an armor with same weight made from iridium will be 7% less tough in compare with steel 20Х13. And enormously costly.

• Official Post

The only really useful thing in using Iridium as Weapon (like a Blade or a Bullet) is killing Shapeshifters, since they are very weak to that Material. (almost nobody will get that reference)

Also in Minecraft you can shoot Vampires with Lasers, "IRL" Vampires would be immune to Lasers unless they emit the same Light Frequency as Sunlight (what destructive Lasers won't do at all because inefficient). They would be immune for the same reason you cannot see them in a Mirrior since Light goes right through them (they would be invisible if they wouldnt project their Picture into the Brains of closeby people for some reason, like Ghosts do for example).

But enough Magic Theory, now back to the Topic which were uhhm? What was it again?

• "Difference between life and Industrial Craft 2 or GregTech", Greg.
    I also add GT to topics name as well, because...
    Did you know, that high power DC electric engine does not contain permanent magnets?

• SpwnX, not thousands. At least 3 coils at rotor and 1 main coil and several additional ones at stator.
    There are also so-called "brushless" DC engines, that are looks close to AC.

• To be fair to IC2 though, with a game with half-gravity and walking exploding dicks it's hard to be truly realistic :P
    It would be cool to nerf the industrial diamond though. But then again diamonds aren't worth as much as they used to be worth.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• I suddenly realize, that would be unfair bitching about IC2 and GT without bitching about IHL.
    For example:

1. Rubber trees produce sap even from light of torch and stops in full darkness. Light from torch is a way too small for a photosynthesis.

2. Imaginary air flow from industrial fan going only at straight lines.

• Official Post

Considering sunlight counts as 15 magical light units, a torch making 12 would actually not be too terrible.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• 1m² of solar panel surface producing enough energy to run an industrial machine (or your whole base). The maximum power per square meter is 1120W at the surface of the earth, but 120+W is still called Direct Sunlight by the WMO, presumably the power level after dawn and before dusk.

The highest solar panel efficiency ever achieved is 44%, and this is it:

• Official Post

In IC2, tesla coils are 1m^3 of wound wire.

In real life: http://i.imgur.com/y7N2hDI.jpg

I see this too much.

• Also IRL you can do this:

Because Tesla coil does not damage living being.
    SpwnX, tesla coil is pretty easy to build by yourself. Of course you need time, one small electric motor and a lot of copper wire.