Heat pipes

• I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested yet.

You should be able to make heat pipes out of copper and rubber. They can be connected to the orange dot sides of heat generators and consumers. Heat produced by a heat generator will be distributed evenly to all connected consumers. (What currently happens if heat is not consumed?)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Actually, there was a similar suggestion last month: Heat conductors

I think it's already possible to do something similar to what you describe, using liquid heat exchangers, hot coolant, and fluid regulators (or liquid pipes from another mod like BuildCraft)

• Actually, there was a similar suggestion last month: Heat conductors

I think it's already possible to do something similar to what you describe, using liquid heat exchangers, hot coolant, and fluid regulators (or liquid pipes from another mod like BuildCraft)

1. Liquid heat exchangers can only cool down liquids, not heat them up.
    2. It's harder than just adding more heat generators.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Official Post

Heat insulation would have to be done using some other material than rubber though.

But heat pipes would be nice. Heat loss of 1 hu/t per block aswell.

Heat if unused is just wasted on IC2. Maybe it could build up and overheat the producers, leading to explosion like the steam generator (which btw need some changes to accept more flexible values of heat)

• I re-suggest using graphene instead of copper as the conducting material, made with a carbon plate for 8 graphene dust or a diamond dust for 32 graphene dust in a thermal centrifuge, as for the insulator, why not aerogel, it's a very good insulator IRL if I'm correct, but I dunno how it's made though XD

• 1. Liquid heat exchangers can only cool down liquids, not heat them up.

I stand corrected. The block is poorly named then. I would expect a "heat exchanger" to be able to work both ways.

As far as the insulator, what about construction foam? (in a cell or universal fluid cell as part of the recipe for the pipes) Or for aerogel, maybe construction foam combined with compressed air?

Also, I have to agree with what some said in that "heat conductors" thread - transferring heat over distance should involve some sort of fluid that would need to be either cycled back to the source or renewed (in the latter case, the used fluid would be released into the world somehow).

• Official Post

need some changes to accept more flexible values of heat

The pressure valve does that (mostly). It's the generators only using units of 10 that are more inflexible.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That is true. Having 0.01mb of water flowing through a tick is a kinda crazy small though, since it would take 100000 ticks to use 1 bucket of water, which is 5000 seconds :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That is true as well.

I see this too much.