What type of cable you are using for energy transport ( not only for eu, but if you use another energy system, please explain how do you convert it into eu )

• I use : 14

1. Superconductor wire ( Resonant Engine ) (1) 7%
    2. Superconductor cable ( GT ) (2) 14%
    3. Insulated Red Alloy cable ( GT ) (1) 7%
    4. Ultimate universal cable ( Mekanism ) (1) 7%
    5. Glass Fibre ( IC2 ) (9) 64%
    6. Potato ( FTW ) (10) 71%

I wanted to know, what are the cables you are using for energy transport ? I'm curious to see what people use :) , I'm gonna only post a few of them that I use regularly, so feel free to add more suggestion of use in this thread, also please, if possible, list the pro and cons of them like me :thumbup:

PS : I only going to put the best cable(s) the mod in question has to offer

• Now pros and cons :

1 : Superconductor wire ( Resonant Engine ) :

Pros : Loss-less, can support without burning an "infinite voltage" and very high Amperage, is universal with all main used power systems ( UE Joules, Mekanism Joules ? not sure :P , EU, RF ), can be placed like the RP2 red alloy wire and that is awsome :D

Cons : Expensive, not always available in the modpacks, Resonant engine is WIP and the 1.7.10 versions are kinda beta.

2 : Superconductor cable ( GT )

Pros : Almost loss-less ( the cooling isn't always perfect ), support 2^31-1 voltage, looks cool

Cons : Very expensive ( not really because of the rarity of the materials but because of their complex process ) and can only be afford mid/late electric age ( needs titanium and niobium ), isn't 100% loss-less

3 : Insulated Red Alloy wire ( GT )

Pros : magically loss less ( supermagiconductor FTW :D ), cheap

Cons : can only accept ULV

4 : Ultimate Universal cable ( Mekanism )

Pros : Loss-Less, can transfer Mekanism Joules, maybe ( needs to be tested ) UE Joules, EU, and RF, the basic universal cable have all those advantages but is cheap but can transfer less power at the same time

Cons : Ultimate and elite version is expensive

5 : Glass Fibre ( IC2 )

Pros : Best conductor in vanilla IC2

Cons : expensive

6 : Potato ( FTW )

Pros : Fries :D :P :D

Cons Pros : Moar Fries ;D

• Official Post

A con of the potato is it only stores RF and is a battery not a cable :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Nope, it stores fries :D :P :D And can actually be used as a chemical single use battery for electricity, possible IRL, and with a mod, but I forgot the name, maybe it was just TE flux potato But then, that means that, in addition to iron, copper, tin, silver and gold, the potato is a natural bridge between RF and electricity :D

• Official Post

it was just TE flux potato

Yeah, that's what I meant :P

Really though, we need potato cables.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• my favorite is cesu>copper cable x 4 > lv transformer > 4 tin cables > batbox

Pros:
    cheap, give realy big power storage so you do not lose power if you stop using machines nealry loosless

Cons:
    its better to transport in mv and transform to lv just before your machines

• It is very lossy ( if you have experimental voltage ON ) ;P And I personnally prefered when IC2 used packets, but that's my personnal opinion, that's one of the 2 only things I really miss in experimental, the other thing is throwable uu matter ( item ) ;P , oh well, at least we have liquid UU, looks as awsome, and have cool effects, then why I still say I miss it ? Because I want both :P :D :D :D

• something changed? placing storage block every 4 pieces of cable do not prevent power loss?

• The IC2 Classic GlassFiber cables.
    I personally enjoy it because powerloss happends only if you have a certen amount of cables placed where they go. so you can even aviod with these powerloss if you build it intelegent.
    And also a thing is the cables do not create any ServerSided Tickratelag at all (That means the cables only create renderlag) which means that IC2 is the only mod i know that does that xDD

• yeah there was, but only one EU per 40 blocks total. and .5 or bigger was rounded up, meaning that you could transfer power without loss for up to 19 blocks.

EDIT:
    The percentages in the poll vote results don't make sense, added together you get about 150%.

EDIT AGAIN:

Nope, it stores fries :D :P :D And can actually be used as a chemical single use battery for electricity, possible IRL, and with a mod, but I forgot the name, maybe it was just TE flux potato But then, that means that, in addition to iron, copper, tin, silver and gold, the potato is a natural bridge between RF and electricity :D

Thin air can conduct electricity, too :D

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

Edited once, last by blub01 ().

• Official Post

yeah there was, but only one EU per 40 blocks total. and .5 or bigger was rounded up, meaning that you could transfer power without loss for up to 19 blocks.

There never was, the same way 5 coper cables + LV-Transformer worked to avoid the loss every 6th cable. It waited until it reached a whole number to actually drop, meaning it either rounded down all the time, or didn't round at all.

The percentages in the poll vote results don't make sense, added together you get about 150%.

You can choose up to 3 options.

I see this too much.

• Ah, got it ^^ , also, I'm suprised not a lot of people uses mekanism cable, it's universal and lossless, no ?

• if i recall correctly, even the basic cable isn't easy to make, requiring machines, several crafting steps, and pretty many resources(and i mean for 8 cable you need like 8 redstone and 10 steel(made from iron and coal/charcoal, charcoal being more efficient).

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• It's easy peasy to make compared to glass fibre, superconductor, and potato, the Mekanism Infuser being super cheap, requiring a very lil'power, and to make a basic universal cable, you only need 2 iron, 4 charcoal, and one redstone, for ? A superconductor universal cable, that's why I nerfed the recipe with MineTweaker :)

• didn't quite remember the recipe. I think you get 8.