Suggestion: Dungeons

• So he have perfected combat technology. We have built impenetrable armour. We have chainsaws. But for what? Killing pigs? Even the new strongholds would fall before the nanosaber.

I'm proposing some kind of industrial dungeon, whether it be a very hostile new dimension/planet (only accessible through high tech), or some kind of giant building filled with traps, robots, deathrays, uninsulated hv cables ( is saw a thread for factories a while back...). We need some challenge for our quantum suit.

• what you suggest is overly complex and would take up way to much code, however, I have a much better idea:
    quantum explosive dungeon
    how to works:
    craft a dungeon 'TNT box'
    LGL
    INI
    LIL
    N=nuke M=Matter I=iri. plate L=lapatorn crystal (charged) G=matter Generator.

after building said TNT, one would have to place it as a block, then run some sort of power cable to it (a fair distance away, to avoid what happens next...) and then power it with... say... 1K EU before it would activate... after activation, it would instantly build a dungeon of sorts(designed by the devs) that would have _lots_ of spawners, including creeper spawners, and some chests that would contain (in order of rarity...) scrap, coal dust, (all other dusts),copper/tin bars, iron/gold bars,redstone dust, copper/tin ore,uranium ore, gold/iron ore, Matter, Iri. plate, industrial diamonds, then finaly, actual diamondsMinecraftChicken .
    proposed details...
    a diamond block hidden somewhere in the dungeon.
    2-4 chests per dungeon, each chest slot has a 2.5% chance of an item, then for the how many items per stack...
    QxR=V
    100-V=%chance to add another item to the stack, then the equation rolls again. (Q=current stack size, R=item rarity (see rarity chart) V=value, and thats QxR)

rarity chart:
    scrap=1
    coal dust=1
    other dusts=2
    copper/tin bars=2
    iron/gold bars=3
    redstone dust=3
    copper/tin ore=4
    uranium ore=4
    iron/gold ore=5
    matter=6
    Iri. plate=8
    diamonds(real)=10

also, chance for each item... (if the 2.5% roll works...)
    scrap=30%
    coal dust=25%
    other dusts=15%
    copper/tin bars=6%
    iron/gold bars=4%
    redstone dust=5%
    copper/tin ore=2.5%
    uranium ore=4%
    iron/gold ore=3%
    matter=2%
    iriplate=1.5%
    diamonds=1%
    0.5% chance of the slot containing nothing :D (also elbow room to adjust % rates and to mabye add some new items(tier 4 tech? HAYO))

with my little ity bity bit of coding knowledge, I know that you should be able to make this work without editing any base classes, even if its _very_ complicated...
    the whole idea is a very hard dungeon that doesnt generate naturaly (edited base classes MinecraftCreeper ) that is _very_ difficult, for us endgame people that realy have nothing to do with immunity armor and nano sabers, that is instead made.

the whole logic idea behind the recipe is that you supply the matter generator with massive amounts of energy (the 4 charged lapaton crystals) to generate some mystery goop from another dimension that, when asploded* by the nuke, spread and multiply before the cell structures aline into some sort of hellish dungeon of monsters.... :wacko:

*yep, I just invented a word HAYO

so yeah, sorry for the lengthy explaination, but thats what I have to say.

HAYO (just because I CAN)

• interesting. not sure i like the ¨make a dungeon¨ idea. the rest was ok though. but it would need to be beyond the average dungeon. i meant a hard dungeon that you can only get into with a key made of uu matter or a hostile dimension that you can only get into wth tech, both have simmarly been done. and creepers are too easy. we need nucular robot creepers! this would make a good addon.

sent from a device with tiny keys.

• interesting. not sure i like the ¨make a dungeon¨ idea. the rest was ok though. but it would need to be beyond the average dungeon. i meant a hard dungeon that you can only get into with a key made of uu matter or a hostile dimension that you can only get into wth tech, both have simmarly been done. and creepers are too easy. we need nucular robot creepers! this would make a good addon.

sent from a device with tiny keys.

well, what you are suggesting would be much harder to code, would add way to many block IDs, and would modify multiple base classes...

• love the idea but I would like to expand upon it a little bit. I would want there to be a kind of boss mob similar to the boss mobs found in the aether only these would be robots instead of mystical beings. These robots would be found in hibernation (to preserve energy) and would contain a power source (like a full MFE). To obtain the the materials hidden inside the chests one would have to fight the robot.

• love the idea but I would like to expand upon it a little bit. I would want there to be a kind of boss mob similar to the boss mobs found in the aether only these would be robots instead of mystical beings. These robots would be found in hibernation (to preserve energy) and would contain a power source (like a full MFE). To obtain the the materials hidden inside the chests one would have to fight the robot.

This is what i was thinking. super hard dungeons with bosses or something, with new robots as guards, and a quantum suit penetrating lazers.

• IC2 was hard to code (im sure) didnt stop anyone.

Yes, im pretty sure it was hard to code, but his idea for a pocket dimension would modify base classes and thats just what the devs dont want,
    also, it would add a ton of block IDs, and I would prefer that the devs keep working on getting rid of bugs and adding more T4 tech then coding an alternate dimension.

• Yes, im pretty sure it was hard to code, but his idea for a pocket dimension would modify base classes and thats just what the devs dont want,
    also, it would add a ton of block IDs, and I would prefer that the devs keep working on getting rid of bugs and adding more T4 tech then coding an alternate dimension.

+1, absolutely agreed. I'd rather have a bugfree highly tiered IC² running than go off in an adventure mod direction. It has always been the philosophy that adventure mods need much more babysitting from devs than their eventual replayability is worth. I think that once villages etc. are running nicely (I haven't played 1.8 yet...) maybe theres some potential to include industrial things there.

• When the Adventure update is completely finished it should be enough challenge for the suit - whether it will is another question.
    But if the devs have the time to temper with dungeon generation or such they should use it on existing code or other suggestions since adventuring isn't part of IC².
    I could see an addon for IC² though that makes Industrial Ruins like abandoned laboratories with random machines and generators. As an addon made by someone else though, not by the IC² team.

• Addon would be epic. what if they had force fields, and you had to cut their power...

unless
    Force Field Force Field Force Field
    Force Field Solar Panel Force Field
    Force Field Force Field Force Field

then u have a problem. :D

• I'd like to see this kinda thing done in steps.

First step: Translation of Mobs into IC style (just simple skins)
    Creepers - Malfunctioning construction robots with a damaged core
    Endermen - Malfunctioning crane robots
    Skeletons - Unfinished humanoid robots with a rogue AI
    Zombies - Abandoned humanoid worker bots
    Slimes - (not much needed here, just living pollution/goo)

Second step: Modification of Dungeons/Strongholds or implementation of new dungeons
    Contrary to popular belief it isn't actually THAT difficult to code worldgen things, its a pita, but making a simple "factory" that spawns randomly with stuff in it wouldn't be particularly super difficult, I think it could expand the game greatly.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• THANK YOU! as long as you mean additional robot mobs, not just reskins. also, i wouldn't do them all, maybe just creeper and zombies then make NEW ones...

• But we still need to have vanilla, and the robot mobs would need to be more powerful. thats the whole point here. extra challenge. not a texturepack.