[Remake][1.6.4|1.7.10|1.10.2][Patreon][IRC|#IC2-Classic|EsperNet] IC2 Classic by Speiger

• Don't push yourself too hard!
    Excited for good old ic2 with experimental addon support :D :D :D :D

Problem is that i do not understand the packet system really much...
    The Event Handler thingy is a good system but to find paths with it is like you want to catch a running chinchilla... (Note that is freaking hard)

If someone wants to help me with that he can. Just send me a private pm.

• Ah... :S

The Difference which i like with IC2 Classic Textures is that they have a big texture.
    Good things: Everything is sorted and you add easy stuff without trouble. Because you just add a number to the loading list (or load everything).
    Bad Things: Animations are not possible with this system and the Texture Pack support is kinda hard.

And the problem in 1.7.10 is that the path finding with the textures is a little bit weird. As much as i tried it he could not find any textures so i decided to go the old way and search in the SourceCode area where the textures are.
    And that is fine.

• It has its good and bad sides. But splitted textures are better at most cases.
    But at the IC2 Classic case it is not really needed since there will be not always new Textures and co..

• Update on Coding:

After Researching on other mods how they did packet Handling. I discovered how Buildcraft handles that.
    Thanks to Asie (the BC code at the moment). Since i know that our coding styles are close enough that i did understand what he think and what not i was able to understand how packet Handling works.

And for the log: With out that i would not be able to understand Packet Handling because it works on a way i would never think of.

The new Packet System is not better than the ld one. Because some things are not possible (or you have to make a workaround), but it is way more modular than the old one, which i enjoy.

So to the news i am on the Final steps of Fixing the packet Handling.
    If no other big error comes then the first test release will be sooner then later!

Note: it seems to be that my luck stays almost at 0

• Updating Infos:

I did fix all the bugs which i would say need to be fixed in the first release. (Since my Dev invioment has still bugs (world dissapears when dropping a block)) i have to figur out which bug is mc and which is ic2. Since there is no new bug found in ic2 i tried to make a release.
    Yes Tried.. Exporting works fine. No problem at all. But when i Start my Test MC with that mod i get tones tones of crash errors which i am thinking: MC do you really want to .... me so hard? yeah i am already thinking that about mc 1.7...

Anyway after testing and testing 1 hour with 6 exportings and try to merge everything that it works i gave up for today i have to sleep sadly.
    Also i need to request help from outside to figure out what the hell is going wrong with my workspace. I assume its java 8... Not sure yet,
    but every workspace i created with gradlew (which requires Java 8 ) srews up. I mean the world disapear (rendering wise) is only happening on my computer with my workspace? I really want to release that stuff right now but i cant because it is a release that would not even start...

Anyway thanks for everyone who is waiting for the release :D

• Update to 1.7.10 is out:

After beeing a Derp so extremly that i could punch myself i made now a release. I hope you guys like it.
    Mod Support is at the moment (exp addons) not save yet. Since its only the first release.
    I will try to make it as much compatible to it as i can...

I hope you guys like it and downloads you can find at the first post.. Just read.

• Official Post

There are some kinda critical bugs I've found:

The NEI plugin doesn't work, so shaped crafting recipes don't show (but they still seem to work)
    Cables can't be placed They can, but must replace some block like grass, they don't like to be placed in just air. Also, they form a whole block texture cable, but the hit box is right. They also have amazing block breaking textures
    EU splitter cables don't update texture when a redstone signal is applied/work at all
    The nightvision goggles still don't have a texture
    Every EU thing ends in .0, which from an integer using past IC2 is quite annoying :P

The following items have broken localisation:
    Beer
    Coffee
    Brewing barrel item
    The upgrades
    Active nanosabres
    All coloured painters
    Charged RE-Batteries

Also, did we ever decide the policy on adf.ly for this, does it count as an addon or not?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited 8 times, last by Chocohead: Found a thing with cables ().

• First please not crashreports. Put FMLLogs in they contain more data which i need.
    Second thanks :)

That you can ask GregoursT his words that this counts as an IC2 Addon even if it is a 99% copy of ic2.
    and the adfly.... well ^^" It is not against the rule. At least that what i readed said nothing against it.
    If it breaks the rule (with showing me the case where it breaks) then i will remove that...

And i will sit down and try to fix them..
    Please give me a pastbin of both logs where the crash came.. (Note that the Volume of IC2 is based on the master volume).

• Official Post

We need a 8192EU cable for when EV-Transformers have redstone applied

The sound crash report I gave is literally all I got, I had to crash the Java environment to unfreeze it to even get that. But since you want them, 2 is the sound bug, 3 the detector cables.

Also, going through logs, I see an NEI error (not crash). Not actually sure if that's you or not however, so don't focus on it too much:

The debug item is called item.null.name too, and can't be used to provide infinite power to things (it doesn't count as a battery item to fit in the slots).

• Apparently EV-transformers have issues too. They don't downscale voltage correctly (they explode MFSUs without EU flowing through), they also melt iron cables (which should be able to carry that much). We need a 8192EU cable when they're redstoned too.

The EV Transformer is based on 2048 EU. It is by the way only aviable on Creative (will change soon) you have to put a HV Transformer directly after it. That an MFSU explodes is totally right and not a bug^^" But i did not document that yet.
    And that No Energy is flowing into it is because that you do not lose power when it tries to charge. (old ic2 code).
    And that iron cable melts is because it can only carry 512 EU. Try to use the EUReader (shift click, because normal click asks for node stats and that crashes the game!, is already fixed but i can not upload now because i want to fix the other stuff) it will give you an information about the cable how much it can carry (in power) and how much the loss is. Note only my version of IC2 Classic has that feature.

Thanks by the way. look into github when you want to see how the progress is going on. (Issus have information with InProgress / testing / waiting and co so you can see everything).

• Official Post

Yeah, with the EV-Transformer I rethought it and you are right. And it was the stored power from what I could tell that caused it to go bang without being connected.

The iron cables should carry 2048EU/t however, if they carry less that's a bug. Glass fibre cables can only carry 512EU/t.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yeah, with the EV-Transformer I rethought it and you are right. And it was the stored power from what I could tell that caused it to go bang without being connected.

The iron cables should carry 2048EU/t however, if they carry less that's a bug. Glass fibre cables can only carry 512EU/t.

The really ?? I can not remember and i will check that now (ic2 1.2.5 version i will check that).
    You are right.. Changing right now as i type from 513 to 2049 eu (must be always 1 eu higher as the max it can carry).

^^" Thanks.

Edit: It is already at 2049 EU i have to check that what is going on...

• Official Post

and the adfly.... well ^^" It is not against the rule. At least that what i readed said nothing against it.
    If it breaks the rule (with showing me the case where it breaks) then i will remove that...

• Unless given explicit permission, you're not allowed to gain any sort of financial revenue from creating and publishing your mod. This mainly applys to AdFly'ing your download links. Excluded are any sort of donations, since donations are not directly related to the creation of your mod.

I personally don't see much of a problem on that link of yours since its for old versions, but eh. Rules are rules. I'm not really known for following them straight too though.

If you're really interested on monetization, you could ask player for permission.

• I personally don't see much of a problem on that link of yours since its for old versions, but eh. Rules are rules. I'm not really known for following them straight too though.

If you're really interested on monetization, you could ask player for permission.

Yeah i did see that coming. xD and nope money is worthless... At least for me and i need about 10k downloads to get 5 dollars together and that will take time xD