limitations for upgrades

• Hello, only little suggestion,
    please add for machines (or to config) limit for upgrades.. some players uses many upgrades and this is problem for server if player use for all machines 20+ upgrades...

thanks

• I suggest we add a limit of 8 upgrade for overclockers, 64 for energy storage ( so we can have a huge buffer ), 16 for transformers ( for addons if they want to add MAX voltage when E-Net is finished ), and one for utilities ( like redstone control ).

• Official Post

It should all be configurable, since there's always the idiots who craft half a stack of overclockers and then put them all in one macerator. We can't lose that tradition!

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The machines already have a technical limitance of 10-16 upgrades (depending on type of machine), where the max speed (20 operations per second) is achieved. Anything beyond is a waste of energy.

Last I knew, it was actually possible to push past that to process more than one input item per operation, though once it gets to processing a full stack of input per tick, then definitely more upgrades is a waste of energy. Also, that implicit limitation only applies to overclocker upgrades.

• Official Post

I thought it was the processing time for 1 item couldn't exceed 1 tick, meaning I think it's 28 overclockers (around there) that that is reached, and adding more just draws power but the game won't let it process any faster. I've never seen an IC2 machine process more than 1 item at once unless it was part of a recipe.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

From long time experience, the limit is 16 for machines like extractor and macerator, 13 for the e-furnace and 10 for the recycler. Makes them consume a couple thousands EU/t.

Unless something changed on the machines lately (which i very much doubt), I'm right.

• From long time experience, the limit is 16 for machines like extractor and macerator, 13 for the e-furnace and 10 for the recycler. Makes them consume a couple thousands EU/t.

Unless something changed on the machines lately (which i very much doubt), I'm right.

I just tried it in creative mode using IC2exp build 658 with 64 overclocker upgrades, and once I got it charged, my macerator looked like it did a whole stack of diamond in one tick. By my stopwatch, it took at most 0.79 seconds, though that might have to do with how fast I could press the stopwatch button. If it was only doing one operation per tick, it should have taken about 3.2 seconds. Admittedly, it's impractical to do that in survival mode, since even in creative mode, I used 192 intially-fully-charged mfsus in parallel to charge the macerator in a reasonable time frame. However, calculations indicate that shouldn't have been enough to power an operation: 2*(1.6**64) ≈ 23,158,417,847,463 EU/t, while 192 MFSUs can only store 7,680,000,000 EU. Some further experimentation, and 29 overclocker upgrades seems to be sufficient to macerate a stack of items in one tick (as long as the maceration has a 1:1 output ratio), which should only take about 1,661,535 EU/t.

• Official Post

The technical limitation is 20tps (ticks per second) of minecraft. If your world get a tps spike, you will see something like what you've explained.

Another note is that beyond X overclockers, the internal energy storage of the machine becomes too tiny for it to work.

Also, one stack is not enough to test speed. Use a whole chest full of items with some sort of automation.
    Repeat over a few times, get a medium. Statistics! Lel.

• The technical limitation is 20tps (ticks per second) of minecraft. If your world get a tps spike, you will see exactly that.

Another note is that beyond X overclockers, the internal energy storage of the machine becomes too tiny for it to work.

Also, one stack is not enough to test speed. Use a whole chest full of items with some sort of automation.

One stack is enough to tell that it wasn't just processing one input item per tick (perhaps my wording before wasn't clear about this, but it looked like it processed the whole stack as one operation), and I don't know what I can use to transfer items from a chest fast enough. As far as the internal energy storage of the machine, that now seems to expand as more overclockers are added.

• Official Post

Well... you could be right, to be honest. I haven't played with IC² machines on their own for more than a year? or so, because of GregTech's.

For automation you'll have to use other mods I think, maybe the IC² item buffer transfer items fast enough?

• Official Post

An ejector upgrade can throw seemingly unlimited items out as long as there's room for them if there's only one slot it's pulling out from (ie every machine with 1 output slot). It appears that IC2 machines can process more than 1 item a tick, only that it seems to update the stack changes every stick. Meaning it looks to process everything at once, but it's just processing them one at a time, but updating the number processed every tick. That's what it looks like anyway.

I see this too much.